cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All store pages are uncached after one order with one product?

0 Kudos

All store pages are uncached after one order with one product?

Feature request from andidhouse, posted on GitHub May 06, 2016

Hi there,

we are facing a huge problem regarding the magento own caching.

We installed version 2.0.5 - all ok so far. We installed sample data medium - all ok so far.

We crawled the hole site so every page is in the magento own cache.

But if we only place one order with one product ALL pages of the whole shop are uncached again?

Is this a bug or the normal magento cache behavior. In version 1.7 only the pages are uncached which belong to the order (products and category of the products).

Many thanks!

35 Comments
apiuser

Comment from joebusby, posted on GitHub May 11, 2016

I just entered an order through the backend and it invalidated the cache. Still a bug in my mind.

apiuser

Comment from andidhouse, posted on GitHub May 12, 2016

First - thanks all for your answers and response.

So for us - magento internal chache solution is not usable at the moment due to this at all. A caching cleaning every cache at one backend action or frontend order is not an option.

For varnish: Can some magento internal confirm that magento CE has the same varnish functions as magento enterprise? I read some time ago that varnish was not usable for CE in 2.0 as some important features where missing. I also found no document showing if Magento 2.0 CE and Varnish is supporting clean "by tags" so when action is taken (for example a product edit at the backend or a order at frontend/backend) only the products / categories are uncached which are effected? There is also a big discussion here internally when the varnish will clean a product / category cache:

• If product qty changes OR if stock status changes

Or where to set this settings?

I think for now it would also be good to have some statement here in the official documentation that all caches are cleaned at any action - we spent nearly two days investigation this as we thought an state of the art commerce system could not have such a bug (and yes in my opinion it is a big bug because it makes the internal fpc not usable at all).

Many thanks!

apiuser

Comment from joebusby, posted on GitHub May 13, 2016

Update: Made changes to descriptions and on some products and the Mage page cache started invalidating on each order again. All caches were cleared, no help. System was re-indexed, no help. Re-deployed static files, no help. Reboot has fixed the problem so far. Possibly restarting the web server would have worked also. Using Magento 2 with varnish on http traffic is working again. An order submitted through the admin interface using https did NOT invalidate the page cache after the reboot. It appears we will need to restart the server after product or configuration changes to stop the cache invalidation. Otherwise its looking good.

apiuser

Comment from andidhouse, posted on GitHub May 24, 2016

Just installed and tested varnish version 4.x. - very rocking fast! But also here: the cache gets invalidated from time to time.. also no orders or backend action is taken. This happens regularly but i can´t figure out what it is that invalidates the varnish as well.

Any suggestions here? (Maybe this is an own topic)

apiuser

Comment from joebusby, posted on GitHub May 24, 2016

I too have problems with the page cache getting invalidated with or without Varnish. It's better with Varnish, but I have to re-index and clear the cache and reboot to get it to work, and even then it only lasts for a while. Any configuration change at all seems to make it start invalidating the cache on every order again. I have been trying to figure out what specific steps make it work again, but it seems to be the re-index, clear cache, clear CDN and reboot.

apiuser

Comment from andidhouse, posted on GitHub May 24, 2016

@joebusby i think it is normal that varnish purges on configuration changes (see magento documentation for this). BUT it is not normal that varnish invalidates without any configuration change completely. At our side varnish purges also from time to time also no orders or backend action is made which makes it not usable. we also set the malloc to 3g what should be more then enough space for the cache....

apiuser

Comment from joebusby, posted on GitHub May 24, 2016

@andidhouse Yes, it should invalidate the page cache on configuration changes, but I guess I was expecting that clearing the cache would allow you to take orders again without the page cache invalidating each time again until re-index and reboot.

apiuser

Comment from andidhouse, posted on GitHub May 25, 2016

hi @joebusby @joanhe,

i created a new issue regarding varnish cache functions and in my opinion no documentation and bug: #4688

I hope to find answers here because i think it is also lack of documentation on varnish caching which caches are invalidated on which actions for default and how you can change this.

apiuser

Comment from daniel-ifrim, posted on GitHub Jun 18, 2016

@joebusby @andidhouse See what Ivan Chepurnyi says about top menu cache tags in Magento 1. It's the same for Magento 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XwvjLWV1O0 Magento 2 sends to Varnish the identities, see in topmenu block addIdentity and getIdentities functions. About identities in Magento 2 and Varnish: http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/112162/what-is-identityinterface-in-magento2

singhabhi
M2 Certified

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue of cache invalidates in Magento 2.1.7, on below actions:

1)prduct/category save

2) Order placement

I am using Caching Application as 'Fastly CDN' for Full Page Caching.

Please look into this and let me know how I can solve it.

Thank you