cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All store pages are uncached after one order with one product?

0 Kudos

All store pages are uncached after one order with one product?

Feature request from andidhouse, posted on GitHub May 06, 2016

Hi there,

we are facing a huge problem regarding the magento own caching.

We installed version 2.0.5 - all ok so far. We installed sample data medium - all ok so far.

We crawled the hole site so every page is in the magento own cache.

But if we only place one order with one product ALL pages of the whole shop are uncached again?

Is this a bug or the normal magento cache behavior. In version 1.7 only the pages are uncached which belong to the order (products and category of the products).

Many thanks!

35 Comments
apiuser

Comment from Vinai, posted on GitHub May 08, 2016

I think I saw this issue in Magento 1.14, too. The top menu was cached with all category tags associated with the cache entry. Not sure if it was core behavior or because of a customization though.

apiuser

Comment from andidhouse, posted on GitHub May 09, 2016

Yes i think it has something to to with this: Top menu (that visible on all pages), related with tag catalog_category.

apiuser

Comment from joebusby, posted on GitHub May 09, 2016

I'm not sure what happened, but orders are coming in now and all system caches are remaining validated. I did reboot once or twice, but tried both Payflo pro and payflo link and they are both working on quite a few orders with no disruption. I will update this thread if it starts happening again.

apiuser

Comment from joanhe, posted on GitHub May 09, 2016

@joebusby Thanks for your information. Could you check if Varnish is used now?

apiuser

Comment from joebusby, posted on GitHub May 09, 2016

@joanhe Yes, Varnish is caching all the http output, https/ssl is routed around the varnish server (direct to Magento 2) using port forwarding. All Magento caches are enabled and have been (suprise) staying that way. CDN was set up last week and running about a 70% hit rate, using both media and static entries.

apiuser

Comment from andidhouse, posted on GitHub May 10, 2016

Hi,

we tested on another 2.0.5 environment and here the same with magento built in cache. Can someone other also confirm this to make shure it is not our setup somehow?

Many thanks!

apiuser

Comment from andidhouse, posted on GitHub May 10, 2016

We just realized that also saving one product in the backend causes the magento cache to be flushed completely.

Is this really a bug or are we in a wrong setup/mode?

apiuser

Comment from joanhe, posted on GitHub May 11, 2016

@andidhouse @joebusby I spent some time investigate this problem. This issue only appears in Magento 2 with Built-in Cache. Everything works fine with Varnish. This is due to absence of ESI protocol support in Built-in Cache. As a results update of single product can lead to invalidation of category data that triggers correspondingly invalidation of menu, last one lead to almost all catalog pages invalidation. Built-in Cache currently has a few limitations. This is one of the limitations. We are working on a document to explain the different level of support of Varnish and Built-in cache in Magento 2. I hope this will help user to decide which one to choose. Currently Varnish is the one recommended for production.

apiuser

Comment from choukalos, posted on GitHub May 11, 2016

I'm converting this to a feature request and putting this under our internal story ( MAGETWO-36845 ). @Vinai I believe this exists in M1x . From a timeline perspective this is pretty low priority - focus more heavily on Varnish for caching ( hence our recommendation ) and other performance work at this point.

apiuser

Comment from joebusby, posted on GitHub May 11, 2016

If it's easy, please check to see if this happens when you enter an order on the backend through SSL. If so, it's still a bug since Varnish does not support SSL. We should not have to set up a secure reverse proxy to use the admin interface.