cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All store pages are uncached after one order with one product?

0 Kudos

All store pages are uncached after one order with one product?

Feature request from andidhouse, posted on GitHub May 06, 2016

Hi there,

we are facing a huge problem regarding the magento own caching.

We installed version 2.0.5 - all ok so far. We installed sample data medium - all ok so far.

We crawled the hole site so every page is in the magento own cache.

But if we only place one order with one product ALL pages of the whole shop are uncached again?

Is this a bug or the normal magento cache behavior. In version 1.7 only the pages are uncached which belong to the order (products and category of the products).

Many thanks!

35 Comments
Best4Mage
Contributor

Cache is flushed after Order or Product/Category edit. I see this issue for a long time now but am not bale to find solution for it. Can anyone shine a light on this? Is this isue still there? If yes can I disable the cache flush somewhere?

mkotov
Adobe Team

@Best4Mage is this about the built-in cache or Varnish? We highly recommend using Varnish for cache, and for this reason the built-in caching mechanism has not received much focus in terms of improvements. 

Best4Mage
Contributor

@mkotovbut we are using Varnish for this and the problem is still there.

mkotov
Adobe Team

@Best4Mage ok, understood. This is a different issue from the originally reported scenario. Can you file a github issue with required info and steps to reproduce (or find one that is already reported)? Then we can get the team to look at it. 

Best4Mage
Contributor

@mkotovis already there. I just want to know how to troubleshoot this. Cna it be a Varnis default.vcl issue, or an extension that makes the cache get flushed?

https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/13996