Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Objects and Custom Fields

0 Kudos

Custom Objects and Custom Fields

Feature request from bhagvank, posted on GitHub May 05, 2015

hi all,

This is a missing feature for creating custom classes (objects) and custom Fields. There is an extension Custom Fields but on existing objects of classes.

Dynamically from the admin panel, ability to create custom objects and custom fields.

Bhagvan Kommadi Vice President, SyberPlace skype: bhagvan.kommadi

7 Comments
apiuser

Comment from vpelipenko, posted on GitHub May 05, 2015

Hi @bhagvank, not sure that I understand what you suggest to do. Could you explain your issue with more details?

apiuser

Comment from bhagvank, posted on GitHub May 05, 2015

hi,

I have elaborated the requirement below:

Custom objects are new objects you create to store data. While you have several standard objects automatically included, you can also build custom objects to store any type of enterprise data relevant to the application. For example, if you’re building a recruiting app, you can create custom objects called Position and Candidate to track information on job openings and candidates, respectively.

Custom object fields store the data for your custom object records. Custom objects automatically include several standard fields. One can add other custom fields to custom objects based on the type of data you want to store. One can create custom relationship fields to associate your custom object with another object.

Bhagvan Kommadi Vice President, SyberPlace skype: bhagvan.kommadi

apiuser

Comment from tzyganu, posted on GitHub May 06, 2015

Having in the core something that actually creates files that should be versioned is not a good idea.
All generated files should stay in the non versioned folders (var for example).

but (to self advertise a bit), I started a project like this. It's in an very early stage now but feel free to contribute with code and/or ideas.

apiuser

Comment from choukalos, posted on GitHub May 06, 2015

@vrann - Eugene your thoughts?

My $0.02 - I think what your describing is in Magento 2 as a service contract that's setup as an extensible data object on another service.

apiuser

Comment from bhagvank, posted on GitHub May 10, 2015

hi tzyganu,

Thank you. I can contribute to Umc Base. Please add me as a member.

Bhagvan Kommadi Vice President, SyberPlace Skype: bhagvan.kommadi

apiuser

Comment from tzyganu, posted on GitHub May 11, 2015

@bhagvank If you have some code, do pull requests and I will integrate it the module if it's OK.

apiuser

Comment from pboisvert, posted on GitHub May 15, 2016

Piotr--can you evaluate from the product side or assign to an architect for review of the suggestion?