cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAV Attributes Unit (e.g. mm, ml, oz)

EAV Attributes Unit (e.g. mm, ml, oz)

Feature request from SRaromicon, posted on GitHub Sep 25, 2014

It would be great to get an extra field for attributes, that holds the unit of an numeric / decimal attribute.

Now you have to save every attribute, which has an unit like mm, oz or V, as an attribute of type varchar. In very large stores with more than 2000 attributes the varchar table becomes very large and the other tables are not used, because you need the unit of meassurement.

10 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from verklov, posted on GitHub Sep 29, 2014

Thanks for your suggestion, @SRaromicon! We will review it and let you know our decision.

apiuser

Comment from kuafucode, posted on GitHub Sep 29, 2014

Also, it would be great if measurement attribute has automatic conversion between stores in different measurement system. E.g. 1 (inch) in Store A in imperial will be converted to 2.54 (cm) in Store B in metric automatically.

On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Sergey Verklov, Senior Product Manager < notifications@github.com> wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion, @SRaromicon https://github.com/SRaromicon! We will review it and let you know our decision.

— Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/676#issuecomment-57178861.

apiuser

Comment from choukalos, posted on GitHub Sep 29, 2014

Who else would like this functionality? @ilol & I have this on our radar ( post 2.0 release; TBD at present ) but would like to get a feel for how many in the community would value this feature. Thanks!

apiuser

Comment from rbkachhadia, posted on GitHub Sep 30, 2014

+1

apiuser

Comment from paales, posted on GitHub Oct 06, 2014

I'd like to see this functionality in the form of attribute renderers. An attribute might have a unit, It might be an image, it might be a calculation. Is it an idea to implement frontend renderers for all the attributes?

apiuser

Comment from gfxguru, posted on GitHub Oct 06, 2014

+1

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 8:13 AM, Paul Hachmang notifications@github.com wrote:

I'd like to see this functionality in the form of attribute renderers. An attribute might have a unit, It might be an image, it might be a calculation. Is it an idea to implement frontend renderers for all the attributes?

— Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/676#issuecomment-58008383.

apiuser

Comment from vpelipenko, posted on GitHub Jan 29, 2015

Internal ticket: MAGETWO-29013

hiphopstore

I also need this.

Brain2Terminal
Occasional Contributor

I've developed an extension for this purpose. Unfortunately only for Magento 1.9. I'm working on this for Magento 2 but it seems to be more difficult to implement this solution in the new architecture.