cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIX Magento Search Please!

0 Kudos

FIX Magento Search Please!

Feature request from gfxguru, posted on GitHub Jul 24, 2014

The more I think about the unwillingness to repair a major flaw in Magento the more I think about migrating to another platform. I've worked with so many ecommerce platforms that have zero problems with one of the most important storefront features "SEARCH". I've also watch so many customers search a site and leave the site because a search never presented the actually product the customer was looking for but the store possessed.... That is called a flaw! Now I understand it's quite an undertaking, but putting it off or relying of someone else to provide such capabilities is not the solution either. I say we fix the issue and make it a top priority. NOW before 2.0 is released. This is a major issue with magento and if you haven't noticed it yet then you haven't run a store... Period

33 Comments
apiuser

Comment from alankent, posted on GitHub Jan 10, 2015

We would be very interested to hear how successful you are swapping out the default search engine. Have we go the APIs right to make it easy to drop in a different engine? Feedback and suggested changes appreciated. (We don't have much documentation done where the interfaces are, and this is relatively low priority to other documentation. If you are unsure from looking at code, feel free to ask questions.)

apiuser

Comment from choukalos, posted on GitHub Mar 18, 2015

Search features currently slated for inclusion in 2.0

• enhanced mysql search accuracy ( many points per comments above )
  • APIs for search indexers
  • [Enterprise] Support for SOLR 4.x

Search Epics likely in 2.1 - 2.3 release time frame

• MAGETWO-23112 : Search Autocomplete & Preview
  • MAGETWO-11439 : Search CMS
  • MAGETWO-10479 : Updated Search UX and Control
  • MAGETWO-10478 : Manage relative weightings of search terms
  • MAGETWO-10475 : [ EE ] Synonyms & Stop words GUI
  • MAGETWO-10480 : [ EE ] Search - Promoted Products
apiuser

Comment from choukalos, posted on GitHub Mar 18, 2015

Sorry my bad; shouldn't have closed the issue.

apiuser

Comment from aoldoni, posted on GitHub Sep 22, 2015

For Enterprise, I would recommend probably to change the roadmap to move straight into Solr 5.3.0? http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/solr/5.3.0

apiuser

Comment from choukalos, posted on GitHub Sep 22, 2015

@aoldoni we've decided to move to elastic search instead for enterprise. You'll see that happen in the Magento 2.1 release. Elastic search provides more functionality as a stack component than Solr does and gives us the potential to build out the platform on several interesting fronts.

apiuser

Comment from aoldoni, posted on GitHub Feb 11, 2016

@choukalos - Given the roadmap above, would you please be able to detail in which version (e.g.: 2.1, 2.2, etc..) these 2 tickets are planned to be released into?

MAGETWO-23112 : Search Autocomplete & Preview MAGETWO-11439 : Search CMS

Thanks!

apiuser

Comment from choukalos, posted on GitHub Feb 11, 2016

Hi @aoldoni we're an agile company so we're constantly revising our roadmap and epics based on customer feedback and how we can maximize the value we deliver in each release as such there's no commitment to a specific release. All I can say is search is one of our higher priority items and likely to get some attention in 2016.

apiuser

Comment from southerncomputer, posted on GitHub Jun 16, 2016

https://github.com/Smile-SA/elasticsuite/tree/feature_magento-2.1-upgrade

https://github.com/Smile-SA/elasticsuite

Smile SA has always produced quality open-source Elasticsearch for magento1 and magento2 now along with their virtual categories and integrated search feedback system.

apiuser

Comment from choukalos, posted on GitHub Jun 28, 2016

@southerncomputer yes Smile's got some great Elasticsearch extensions for Magento. Really happy to see they've started porting their M1 extension to M2.

apiuser

Comment from s00071609, posted on GitHub Jul 14, 2016

I am not sure if this is off topic - i did not want to open a new thread. I am using magento 2.1 (upgraded from 2.0 to 2.1) recently. Just realised that the search term shows blank. Havent touched the default footer links and appear fine. But when the search term is clicked, no text - its blank. Can check - https://jostechecig.com.au Not sure if its a new bug, i also have a magento 2.0, search term shows all the search terms.

Is anyone having this issue? Any suggestions?