cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIX Magento Search Please!

0 Kudos

FIX Magento Search Please!

Feature request from gfxguru, posted on GitHub Jul 24, 2014

The more I think about the unwillingness to repair a major flaw in Magento the more I think about migrating to another platform. I've worked with so many ecommerce platforms that have zero problems with one of the most important storefront features "SEARCH". I've also watch so many customers search a site and leave the site because a search never presented the actually product the customer was looking for but the store possessed.... That is called a flaw! Now I understand it's quite an undertaking, but putting it off or relying of someone else to provide such capabilities is not the solution either. I say we fix the issue and make it a top priority. NOW before 2.0 is released. This is a major issue with magento and if you haven't noticed it yet then you haven't run a store... Period

33 Comments
apiuser

Comment from Ctucker9233, posted on GitHub Jul 15, 2016

@s00071609 I had an issue after upgrading from 2.0.7 to 2.1.0 where the search bar was missing. I'm not sure if that's what you mean. I ended up deleting the vendor folder entirely and transferred in a clean 2.1.0 vender folder to replace it. It fixed the issue.

mcoffey

One thing I don't understand is how it can't search in the basic formula of numerical order: example

I have a product item #151 this should show up first and then all the parts below it because their item numbers include and -a letter and the 151 number.

151-15G

151-10G

instead it does it in a completely unlogical order of:

151-15G

151-10G

Also I have two parts with similar numbers because they are the same but just different in the packaging. 

Example:

246 and 246D

If you search 246 only the 246 shows up. The 246D should also show up without my having to enter 246 in the short description.

blizam

Where can we see these "epics" or a general Roadmap for releases? I specifically want to track MAGETWO-11439