cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Parent entities links in child entities grid.

0 Kudos

Feature Request: Parent entities links in child entities grid.

Feature request from tzyganu, posted on GitHub Aug 05, 2014

I think it would be a nice improvement for the user experience if in the backend grids of child entities, where there is a parent identification column, this column to be a link to the parent entity edit page.
Here are some examples.
In the shipments grid, the order increment id should be a link to the order edit page. (Same goes for invoice and creditnotes grids).
In the product grid, the attribute set should be a link to the attribute set edit page.

This can be taken even further, for sibling entities.
For example in the category add/edit page, in the 'Associated products' table, the product name can have a link to the product edit page (maybe target="_blank").
This way the user has all the information one click away.

I admit the idea isn't mine. Someone requested this for one of my extensions for 1.x, but I think this should be a nice out of the box feature.
There is already a column rendered for links (edit link for example). It just needs a dynamic label depending on the row.

4 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from Tiurnikova, posted on GitHub Aug 05, 2014

@tzyganu , thank you for your suggestion. We are working on Data Grids improvements. Parent-Child relationships is one of the features considered for M2 to mark relationships between entities. The use cases you provided are very helpful. Thank you

apiuser

Comment from Tiurnikova, posted on GitHub Aug 11, 2015

Hello @tzyganu I just wanted to share an update with you. Unfortunately, you won't see this feature in the upcoming release. However, we already did a lot of improvements in data grids and plan to do more. Here is the number of the ticket for this feature in our internal backlog MAGETWO-41374 You can be sure, we're working on it.

apiuser

Comment from amansrivastava, posted on GitHub Jun 24, 2016

Any updates for this ticket ?