cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fix default Magento font in order PDF (and filesize of 1MB +)

0 Kudos

Feature request from seansan, posted on GitHub Jun 17, 2013

Please have a look at the code alterations here:

http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/4812/why-is-my-invoice-pdf-1mb

How about we provide a font dropdown in backend to select our own font. And default this to Helvetica?

Now users can choose. (and actually choose for small PDF files)

6 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from magento-team, posted on GitHub Jun 18, 2013

Hello. As you can see on the stackexchange thread, the large embedded font is needed to render accented characters. Using a default font might not properly render some of the accents. I think the best would be to allow users to choose through admin if they want "small PDFs" which might work ok for US stores or PDFs that properly show all characters, probably better for non-US stores. You can contribute a pull request with this funcionality.

apiuser

Comment from seansan, posted on GitHub Jun 18, 2013

I fully understand your reasoning

and Exactly! we need to provide a choice. Delivering 1 MB files is not going to work long term

so we need to provide an option in the backend.

I dont have the coding experience to do this though, sorry

On Tue, Jun 18, 2013 at 5:30 PM, mage2-team notifications@github.comwrote:

Hello. As you can see on the stackexchange thread, the large embedded font is needed to render accented characters. Using a default font might not properly render some of the accents. I think the best would be to allow users to choose through admin if they want "small PDFs" which might work ok for US stores or PDFs that properly show all characters, probably better for non-US stores. You can contribute a pull request with this funcionality.

— Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHubhttps://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/312#issuecomment-19619183 .

apiuser

Comment from verklov, posted on GitHub Apr 18, 2014

@seansan, sorry for the delay, we created a ticket in the backlog so that merchants would choose in the backend whether to choose small or large fonts. We will let you know once we have the team implemented this suggestion.

apiuser

Comment from seansan, posted on GitHub May 28, 2014

Also see #573

Helvetica or something default as standard. And maybe some options in a dropdown?

apiuser

Comment from verklov, posted on GitHub Jan 13, 2015

Internal ticket: MAGETWO-23732