cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase the quality of product photos JPG (Magento 2.1)

0 Kudos

How to increase the quality of product photos JPG (Magento 2.1)

Feature request from zhiyicai, posted on GitHub Jul 21, 2016

The JPG compression on Magento 2.1 is very strong, so that the quality of product images get really bad in Catalog and Product view. How can I change the Image compression for JPG's in Magento 2.1 ?

5 Comments
apiuser

Comment from neilrd, posted on GitHub Aug 15, 2016

@zhiyicai @MomotenkoNatalia . I would be keen to know if you figured this one out. I also want to increase the quality of product images.

apiuser

Comment from lgarridoj, posted on GitHub Aug 18, 2016

same here, it has been an issue for some store owners since Magento 1. They invest enough time/money to make the images look good but Magento reduces their quality after being uploaded

apiuser

Comment from hostep, posted on GitHub Aug 18, 2016

This should help you guys out I think:

1. Make sure you have the php extension imagick installed on your server
  2. Go in the Magento backend to Stores => Configuration => Advanced => Developer => Image Processing Settings
  3. Change PHP GD2 to ImageMagick and Save
  4. Go to System => Cache Management
  5. Click the Flush Catalog Images Cache button

Bonus: for Magento 1, you can install the Perfect_Watermarks extension to add the Imagemagick option to your M1 shop.

apiuser

Comment from lgarridoj, posted on GitHub Aug 18, 2016

@hostep thank you, it worked for me on Magento 2. Someone suggested an alternative on this page In case anyone wants to test it.

apiuser

Comment from mbrinton01, posted on GitHub Aug 26, 2016

@zhiyicai please let us know if these suggestions provide a suitable solution for you. I'm adding the feature request label so we can log your request: "Adjust the JPG compression quality setting in the admin panel."