cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Html validator

0 Kudos

Html validator

Feature request from Den4ik, posted on GitHub Jul 20, 2014

Good solution integrate HTML Purifier into Magento. It help validate html code for unclosed tags. Sometimes in static blocks and pages html code not clear.

12 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from kandy, posted on GitHub Jul 20, 2014

HtmlPurifier library has incompatible license, so cannot be included in repository

apiuser

Comment from verklov, posted on GitHub Aug 05, 2014

@Den4ik, thank you for your suggestion! I have forwarded it to the Product Manager responsible for the area. We will get back to you once we have an update.

apiuser

Comment from tkacheva, posted on GitHub Aug 05, 2014

@Den4ik Thank you for suggestion! HtmlPurifier doesn't support html 5. Could you help me to understand issues you want to solve with html 5 validation?

apiuser

Comment from Den4ik, posted on GitHub Aug 05, 2014

Sure. I faced with a variety of situations where we have unclosed html tags in static blocks or pages. Or sometimes we have wrong html in product descriptions. I think html validation for it is good idea

apiuser

Comment from tkacheva, posted on GitHub Aug 14, 2014

@Den4ik Closing tags is optional in html 5, if I'm not mistaken? Generally, I agree that validation is great idea but I can't think about any solution that will help with html 5. Do you?

apiuser

Comment from kuafucode, posted on GitHub Aug 14, 2014

Html validator is a good idea, our editors copy and paste from external editors(word e.g.) and the special format sometimes break the whole page

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 2:24 PM, tkacheva notifications@github.com wrote:

@Den4ik https://github.com/Den4ik Closing tags is optional in html 5, if I'm not mistaken? Generally, I agree that validation is great idea but I can't think about any solution that will help with html 5. Do you?

— Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/619#issuecomment-52222069.

apiuser

Comment from Den4ik, posted on GitHub Aug 22, 2014

@tkacheva Sorry for delay. Yes, HTMLPurifier doesn't support html5. Now I'm working with my custom purifier, that support html5 for one of my projects. ll let you know when I've finished library.

apiuser

Comment from vpelipenko, posted on GitHub Jan 29, 2015

Internal ticket: MAGETWO-27039

apiuser

Comment from tkacheva, posted on GitHub Mar 10, 2015

@Den4ik Just wonder if you have any updates?