cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Customer Registration form on how to display Address field setting?

0 Kudos

Magento Customer Registration form on how to display Address field setting?

Feature request from rvpatel, posted on GitHub Feb 09, 2015

Magento Customer Registration form on how to display Address field without customize like

<?php $this->setShowAddressFields(true); ?> 

adding on before Line 56.

<?php if ($block->getShowAddressFields()): ?>
12 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from vpelipenko, posted on GitHub Feb 09, 2015

@rvpatel, could you provide more details about described issue? Please, describe what and how you are going to customize in customer registration form.

apiuser

Comment from rvpatel, posted on GitHub Feb 10, 2015

How to display Address Field on customer registration form. On now lattest magento version have issue then solve in magento2 or not without fixing using this code.

Any setting u have provide for this?

<?php setShowAddressFields(true); ?>

Customer Account Register Fronted

apiuser

Comment from vpelipenko, posted on GitHub Feb 10, 2015

@rvpatel, thanks for the update. We'll assign this issue to appropriate PO who will make a decision about current behavior.

apiuser

Comment from ilol, posted on GitHub Feb 17, 2015

@rvpatel, hi. Thank you for this issue. I decided to add flag "Show Address Info" and then show address info on Account Registration form (internal tracking number MAGETWO-34191).

apiuser

Comment from versdivers, posted on GitHub Apr 01, 2016

Is this already implemented? Can't find the option

apiuser

Comment from ilol, posted on GitHub Apr 04, 2016

@VersDivers not yet.

apiuser

Comment from versdivers, posted on GitHub Apr 04, 2016

I did it with the code above but i think this should be an option within magento to add fields to the registration. just seems so basic setup.

apiuser

Comment from c11media, posted on GitHub Jul 21, 2016

I simply changed the <?php if ($block->getShowAddressFields()): ?> TO <?php if ($block->setShowAddressFields(true)): ?> in register.phtml in the core magento (even though it should be done on the theme level but the address fields just weren't showing through the UI and I have a very heavy there) /public_html/vendor/magento/module-customer/view/frontend/templates/form

you'll notice i didn't call the object with this--> and left $block--> and it worked.

and now everything is working correctly. BTW running Magento 2.10

apiuser

Comment from vovan1983, posted on GitHub Aug 22, 2016

When I set <?php if ($block->setShowAddressFields(true)): ?> instead <?php if ($block->getShowAddressFields()): ?> the address fields are showing, but if I submit form then I get notice that 'Delete operation is forbidden for current area' without login and redirect to dashboard (but customer was register) in Magento 2.1.