cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message returned by static integrity composer test is confusing

0 Kudos

Message returned by static integrity composer test is confusing

Feature request from wojtekn, posted on GitHub Feb 24, 2016

I created module using "vendor/foobar" name in composer.json and used Vendor_FooBar namespace. The I run static tests and I get following error:

For the module 'Vendor_FooBar', the expected package name is 'vendor/foobar'

This error message is confusing because it says it expects package name I already used. As far as I understand it should say following:

For the module 'Vendor_FooBar', the expected package name is 'vendor/module-foo-bar'

If my assumption is correct, value of $this->convertModuleToPackageName($moduleName) should be used instead of $packageName in message returned in \Magento\Test\Integrity\ComposerTest::assertConsistentModuleName method.

I can do PR if it's helpful.

3 Comments
apiuser

Comment from mzeis, posted on GitHub May 30, 2016

I experienced the same problem and can confirm that the suggestion by @wojtekn works.

apiuser

Comment from duhon, posted on GitHub Jun 22, 2016

Hello @wojtekn

To allow us to research the issue, please, provide description according to the template. Also please, provide the used version. If the problem is actual for a specific tag, please, specify it and be sure that the latest update was used.

apiuser

Comment from wojtekn, posted on GitHub Jun 22, 2016

@duhon I think my description is enough to reproduce it, I even provided possible fix there. Don't be lazy.