Product Bundle Items can't have a decimal default quantity

0 Kudos

Product Bundle Items can't have a decimal default quantity

Feature request from thatguynz, posted on GitHub Aug 01, 2017

Preconditions

1. Magento 2.1.7

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a number of simple products - each with decimals enabled
  2. Create a new bundled product and add the simple products to it as Bundled Items
  3. Try to set default quantity of Bundled Items to a decimal value

Expected result

1. Default quantity of bundled item should enter fine as a decimal (as it used to in Magento 1.9) and allow Product Bundle to be saved

Actual result

1. Error message is displayed directly below default quantity box (attached) "Please enter a valid number in this field." and product bundle can not be saved. error
4 Comments
apiuser

Comment from choukalos, posted on GitHub Aug 02, 2017

This is a feature request; Tagging so automated system moves to forum/feature request list.

apiuser

Comment from thatguynz, posted on GitHub Aug 02, 2017

choulakos: Respectfully, I disagree that this is a feature request as opposed to a defect for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, the expected behaviour is precisely how the previous release of Magento behaved so it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect the current version doesn't regress on functional capability. Secondly, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have the capability to maintain decimal quantities for products and then not support that function in every use case. Lastly, given the database structure stores the field as a decimal, the implementation has erred in error checking the field as an integer - surely that would constitute a defect?

Kind regards.

amenkimide
New Contributor

It is already possible. Just select "use decimal quantity" on the respective product. Stock management has to be on for some reason. Then it accepts decimal quantities also in the bundle default quantity.

thatguynz
Regular Visitor
Hmm, perhaps you're seeing something that I'm not. All the simple products within the Bundle are set with "use decimal quantity" on. The Bundle product itself doesn't have an option for decimal quantity. If you're seeing something different I'd love to see it?