cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template path hints: Small feature request

0 Kudos

Template path hints: Small feature request

Feature request from tzyganu, posted on GitHub Oct 08, 2014

I see that in Magento 2 (opposed to 1) the html elements generated by the template path hints have their own classes and can be easily identified in javascript.
This goes nicely with the idea I have.
How about, when the template path hints are activated, to have a small toolbar (or button or whatever) somewhere on the top or bottom of the page that will allow the developers to show/hide certain elements of the template path hints.
For example calling jQuery('.debugging-hint-template-file').hide() / show() will hide/show the template names. The same can be done to hide the block class names using .debugging-hint-block-class. or the dotted borders can be hidden by jQuery('.debugging-hints').css({border:'none'});.
Right now the processes that involve template path hints are slow.
First I need to enable the path hints, identify the class or template, do my modifications, see if they appear in the page, then disable the path hints to see how it looks without them, then enable them again if needed.

I know that I can create buttons on my browsers with the actions I need but a built in feature would be better.

3 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from verklov, posted on GitHub Nov 06, 2014

Thank you for your suggestion, @tzyganu! The team will review it and we will respond you once we make a decision.

apiuser

Comment from vpelipenko, posted on GitHub Jan 29, 2015

Internal ticket: MAGETWO-30427