cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create blank page without head.

0 Kudos

Unable to create blank page without head.

Feature request from SasiKiranK, posted on GitHub Sep 26, 2015

So far i have created the new layout called new layout inside my page_layout folder and

copied the content of empty layout. and the head content coming from the root.phtml. which i am unable to overwrite.

In mangento 1, i have done same using the new layout file.phtml i have removed <?php echo

$this->getChildHtml('head') ?> This allows me to remove the head section.

Since magento can able to create any web app. i need to create a bank page using new layout.

11 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from vkorotun, posted on GitHub Sep 28, 2015

Hi @SasiKiranK, you can override native root template via di.xml configuration file.

Please, check in app/etc/di.xml:

<type name="Magento\Framework\View\Result\Page">
        <arguments>
            <argument name="layoutReaderPool" xsi:type="object">pageConfigRenderPool</argument>
            <argument name="generatorPool" xsi:type="object">pageLayoutGeneratorPool</argument>
            <argument name="template" xsi:type="string">Magento_Theme::root.phtml</argument>
        </arguments>
    </type>

But, you can specify different root templates only per each area (frontend, adminhtml) which is not the good case if you need some pages with head and other without head section.

We'll open internal ticket to add possibility to configure root template on page layout level. Does it sound like a good plan to solve the issue you have?

apiuser

Comment from SasiKiranK, posted on GitHub Sep 28, 2015

Exactly vkorotun. I need that feature in my extension. so that i can start developing my extension.

Thank you

apiuser

Comment from SasiKiranK, posted on GitHub Oct 02, 2015

Hi Team

Kindly share if any update in this ticket. added @vkorotun

Thanks

apiuser

Comment from victorgugo, posted on GitHub Oct 15, 2015

Hello, @SasiKiranK . Thank you for reporting the issue. We created interal MAGETWO-44095 to resolve the problem

apiuser

Comment from SasiKiranK, posted on GitHub Oct 22, 2015

Thank you. Where can i see the ticket info/status. also please provide me the estimated date so i can plan accordingly. Thanks again

apiuser

Comment from SasiKiranK, posted on GitHub Nov 18, 2015

Please release the new version with this fix.

Thank you Sasikiran K

apiuser

Comment from SasiKiranK, posted on GitHub Nov 19, 2015

Hi @victorgugo

Kindly update the improvement. Magento 2 released without fixing this issue. i am unable to create the blank page to proceed with my extension. Please let me know is there any other way to do the same.

Regards Sasikiran K

apiuser

Comment from SasiKiranK, posted on GitHub Feb 11, 2016

Hi Team Kindly update the Improvement or any updates

Thanks Sasikiran K

apiuser

Comment from SasiKiranK, posted on GitHub May 05, 2016

Hi Team

Please provide any other way to create the empty page or without head.

Thanks