cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update UI so modal doesn't show when cache clear is needed

0 Kudos

Update UI so modal doesn't show when cache clear is needed

Feature request from markoshust, posted on GitHub Aug 31, 2015

There are two "One or more of the Cache Types are invalidated" messages that appear when a cache clear is needed.

screen shot 2015-08-31 at 9 42 13 am

I don't see the purpose of the modal prompting, and then when closing the modal, still seeing the alert at the top of the screen.

The modal is redundant. I believe this should be removed, and stick with the "M1" way of the prompts by just displaying the message at the top of the screen. It's plenty apparent the cache needs to be cleared. Having to close the modal every time is also very cumbersome and annoying...

screen shot 2015-08-31 at 9 43 35 am

7 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from laupkram, posted on GitHub Aug 31, 2015

+1

apiuser

Comment from MomotenkoNatalia, posted on GitHub Aug 31, 2015

Internal reference: MAGETWO-37976 Thanks for reporting this issue!

apiuser

Comment from markoshust, posted on GitHub Dec 02, 2015

I don't think this issue was ever resolved, as it still exists in 2.0.0.

apiuser

Comment from markoshust, posted on GitHub Jan 08, 2016

@MomotenkoNatalia since 2.0.0 is released, are tickets still handled internally or is everything on github now? I wasn't sure if this was being resolved (because you have an internal ticket number noted), or if you were taking PR's for stuff like this. Lmk. Thanks!

apiuser

Comment from snohe, posted on GitHub Mar 17, 2016

@MarkShust, there was a misunderstanding. Internal ticket should be MAGETWO-43718.

apiuser

Comment from vkorotun, posted on GitHub Aug 04, 2016

There is related internal ticket in progress now MAGETWO-50670 that need to address issue with automated caches flushes without displaying modals/notifications (especially in developer/default modes). We will check this one if it still valid and will fix it if so.