cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will it be possible to track changes in the history of the price of goods?

0 Kudos

Will it be possible to track changes in the history of the price of goods?

Feature request from chrom, posted on GitHub Feb 06, 2014

9 Comments
apiuser

Comment from tanya-soroka, posted on GitHub Feb 18, 2014

Hello @chrom, thank you for your question! Could you please provide a use-case of using history of the product price changes?

apiuser

Comment from protechdeveloper, posted on GitHub Feb 18, 2014

Hi, I'm also interested in this feature, but maybe more about tracking several changes as well. E.g by having a version history. A version history would make it easy for us to modify a product description / price / image and other details, and see what perform best. It's easy to revert back if needed. In addition I would love to keep track on which user who does what. I think this should be considered for managing orders as well: tracking which user/person who complete the order.

Best, Lars

apiuser

Comment from JoseHawkins, posted on GitHub Feb 19, 2014

@larped :+1: Great for any EAV entity

apiuser

Comment from philwinkle, posted on GitHub Feb 19, 2014

I can't see this being a core feature as there are many ways to track this yourself outside of your ecom platform. Keep a ledger, inspect the admin actions log; there are numerous ways of handling this. It would be trivial to code a module that kept track of when a price change occurred.

apiuser

Comment from chrom, posted on GitHub Feb 20, 2014

tanya-soroka commented a day ago Hello @chrom, thank you for your question! Could you please provide a use-case of using history of the product price changes? /**/ I'll try to do that tonight.

apiuser

Comment from chrom, posted on GitHub Feb 20, 2014

Oppsss ... sorry

apiuser

Comment from chrom, posted on GitHub Feb 23, 2014

Sometimes for the purpose of marketing is important to monitor the changes in the data item (description specified harakteritiki images) affect changes in the number of views and purchases of goods. Example:

• Changes description of goods - one of the tabs can find the changes version, the date and schedule changes, how these changes affected the views of the product and the amount of its purchases. It is particularly important to be able to to evaluate how changes in the price of the product affects the amount of its purchases. This can be a powerful tool for analyzing the quality of the content.
apiuser

Comment from LoneRegister, posted on GitHub Feb 16, 2016

Removed by moderator

apiuser

Comment from davidalger, posted on GitHub Feb 16, 2016

@LoneRegister Please do not post self-promoting links. This is a channel for reporting technical issues and tracking feature requests, not for advertising!