cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any current guides on setting up with AWS?

Any current guides on setting up with AWS?

I'm looking into switching over to AWS for a new site I'm working on. Is there any guides you could recommend me for getting setup on AWS. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Any current guides on setting up with AWS?

I don't know of any good up-to-date docs. Certainly not any that are thorough... << Snipped >> If you want to avoid second-guessing your setup in terms of security, speed, elasticity, and costs, getting some guides that go up and down that "mountain" every day may be a lot more beneficial in the long run.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the reply, looks like they are a re-seller of AWS and change several thousand a month for lowest plans. I'm looking to setup a smaller server with max $200/month as it will be hosting a brand new site.

Anyone have experience with https://www.mgt-commerce.com? Looks like they are also a re-seller but with plans in my price range.

@BlackWat3r 

If you are exploring different option for hosting and not have seen nexcess that have a look at their plans as well. They nice cloud hosting plan and in the range you are looking for. Best thing to go with the Nexcess @miguel_b  is they are Magento Technology partner and their support have expertise in Magento to help you out in case of emergencies.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

I've never personally worked with or come across anyone hosting with MGT. They appear to be out of Germany, and I'm in the USA, so that's not terribly surprising. 

<< Snipped >> However, given your budget, I'd agree with @Tarandeep Singh about Nexcess. At your pricepoint, they're definitely worth considering. I don't believe that they're Magento Technology Partners anymore, but they were for years. You might also look at MageMojo.

I'll add that AWS, while extremely popular, is not always the best choice. << Snipped >>

<< Snipped >>

Best of luck!

Best of luck!