cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elastic search + Redis + rabbitmq on a remote server

SOLVED

Elastic search + Redis + rabbitmq on a remote server

Hi,

I have a Magento 2.3.4 installation (100k simple and configurable products) on a Managed server. I don’t have sudo privileges to install Elastic search and rabbitmq on that server, the hosting company suggest to install them on separate server.  I have the possibility to use a second server with the following specifications: CPU Intel  i5-2300                Cores/Threads 4c/4t      2.8GHz RAM 16Go DDR3 1333 MHz        Disk  2To   Network 100 Mbps (KS-10 https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/serveurs.xml?flash)

On this second server I would install Elastic search, rabbitmq and Redis for default cache, and I would keep a Redis instance for sessions and Varnish cache for the full page cache on the first server.

The servers are one in Switzerland and one in France, would that have a bad impact on the performance?

What do you think of the specifications of the second server (KS-10)? Is the network speed (100 Mbps) good enough?

Your help is much appreciated!

Regards,

RA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Elastic search + Redis + rabbitmq on a remote server

You will want to have the server running Elasticsearch, Redis default cache and rabbitmq in the same city and if possible the same data center as your main server if it is possible. This is to ensure that you have the lowest latency possible between the two servers. Ideally you will also want to have a private network between the two servers for better security and even lower latency. 

Having the two servers so far apart can be problematic in the event of any network issues between the two data centers which does happen from time to time. 

Besides that, the 100 Mbps uplink is just too low in this day and age where most servers are on at least 1 Gbps uplink (even residential connections are now faster than 100 Mbps). 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Elastic search + Redis + rabbitmq on a remote server

You will want to have the server running Elasticsearch, Redis default cache and rabbitmq in the same city and if possible the same data center as your main server if it is possible. This is to ensure that you have the lowest latency possible between the two servers. Ideally you will also want to have a private network between the two servers for better security and even lower latency. 

Having the two servers so far apart can be problematic in the event of any network issues between the two data centers which does happen from time to time. 

Besides that, the 100 Mbps uplink is just too low in this day and age where most servers are on at least 1 Gbps uplink (even residential connections are now faster than 100 Mbps).