cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Readiness Check on GoDaddy due to Component Dependency

Failed Readiness Check on GoDaddy due to Component Dependency

My Readiness Check is failing on 2.32 due to a failed Component Dependency. This is a brand new install on GoDaddy, and I'm trying to bring it up. I got above-and-beyond help from their support, and we solved all other problems that had previously stopped the Check passing. I went through and updated dependencies with composer, which passed with no issues and re-ran the Check, but still failed.

The module that seems to be in question is the phpunit-mock-objects and appears to be abandoned. Since I'm new to Magento, I'm not sure what the best course is to remediate the issue. It was included in the 2.32 install so I'm not sure it should be removed.

Screen shot here, even though it's a generic one. Any help/leads would be great... Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2019-07-28 at 6.47.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-27 at 7.02.10 PM.png

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Failed Readiness Check on GoDaddy due to Component Dependency

Hello @mike_latzky 

You get this warning because Magento uses PHPUnit 6 as dev dependency. Deprecated package phpunit/phpunit-mock-objects as one of its dependencies. 

Edit composer.json to make any of these changes and try the readiness check again:

"require-dev": {
        "phpunit/phpunit": "^7"
    }

You can follow below shared link for more details:

https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/comp-mgr/trouble/cman/component-depend.html

https://github.com/composer/semver/issues/66

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

Awesome! Thanks Manish! Working on this now. My next issue is running out of CPU overhead suddenly on my system for some unknown reason, and trying to get to the bottom of this....

From one issue to the next. As soon as I get that cleared up I can run the now edited composer.json and then rerun the Readiness Check and hopefully everything will be rosy.

I appreciate the answer!

Hi @mike_latzky 

If you are using share hosting from godaddy, please don't go ahead. There will be many problems like memory issues, cron jobs issues and more. If you are on vps then it is worth to resolve the issues. So please ask godaddy if they make server magento2 compatible.

If my answer is helpful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

@mike_latzky 

As per mention by @Ravikant soni about server, Not recommendable shared hosting of godaddy. If your budget allows go for dedicated hosting or AWS. It will fix your all issues. Thanks

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

@mike_latzky wrote:

Awesome! Thanks Manish! Working on this now. My next issue is running out of CPU overhead suddenly on my system for some unknown reason, and trying to get to the bottom of this....

From one issue to the next. As soon as I get that cleared up I can run the now edited composer.json and then rerun the Readiness Check and hopefully everything will be rosy.

I appreciate the answer!

GoDaddy's shared hosting usually comes with a very low CPU limit so you will most likely be hitting the limits from the get go.

If you intend to continue using shared hosting, you should consider going with hosting providers that are specialized in and fully optimized for Magento.

Unfortunately, when I tried this, I received a number of errors. It seems I'll need to resolve a suitable hosting environment first - i.e. VPS, etc to get to this. The phpunit version upgrade seemed to give me a whole bunch of other dependency problems along with it, not sure why yet, but because I can barely run it, I'm trying to figure out why I can run it on one of my GoDaddy accounts and not the other. If I can get the output, I'll post it here to figure this part fo the puzzle out tomorrow.... Thanks!

I appreciate all the advice about VPS. I'm investigating. As we're just trying to figure out a basic business solution and Magento is all new, I've got a lot of work to do, and money is an issue. AWS would be great, but trying to figure out their cost structure is completely unpredictable - it doesn't even seem clear as to how to do that since I can't predict hours per week, nor throughputs for something I don't yet know....

GoDaddy offers a $40 per month basic VPS but with little support, and I don't know how to configure the cron stuff and that also seems dangerous since I won't be able to get it to pass the Readiness Check. All in all, Magento startup seems daunting. Even with the documentation, this is difficult.

There doesn't seem an easy path to a pre-configured environment/hosting provider that I can see that is inexpensive as a "playground" to investigate Magento. I understand it's very powerful, but it seems almost unreachable to investigate.

Am I missing something?

@mike_latzky wrote:

I appreciate all the advice about VPS. I'm investigating. As we're just trying to figure out a basic business solution and Magento is all new, I've got a lot of work to do, and money is an issue. AWS would be great, but trying to figure out their cost structure is completely unpredictable - it doesn't even seem clear as to how to do that since I can't predict hours per week, nor throughputs for something I don't yet know....

GoDaddy offers a $40 per month basic VPS but with little support, and I don't know how to configure the cron stuff and that also seems dangerous since I won't be able to get it to pass the Readiness Check. All in all, Magento startup seems daunting. Even with the documentation, this is difficult.

There doesn't seem an easy path to a pre-configured environment/hosting provider that I can see that is inexpensive as a "playground" to investigate Magento. I understand it's very powerful, but it seems almost unreachable to investigate.

Am I missing something?

A Magento focused and optimized shared hosting is what you should consider going with. 

They are usually costlier than your typical shared hosting from your average shared hosting by GoDaddy but are usually much lower prices than a proper managed VPS. 

The other benefit to this is unlike GoDaddy, the hosting provider will be very familiar with Magento and thus will be able to better assist you with any Magento related issues. 

Hi Mike,

I'd have to agree with @JLHC.

There are managed hosts like Nexcess, Aspiration Hosting, and Alpha Hosting, that offer Magento hosting on shared multi-tenant servers starting at under $30 per month. While I'm personally a fan of single-tenant, dedicated environments for Magento instances, if you're looking for a "playground" environment built to support Magento, GoDaddy is not going to be your solution. Check out a provider like Nexcess.

Best of luck!