cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help please Shared Hosting PHP Check Component Dependency

SOLVED

Help please Shared Hosting PHP Check Component Dependency

Hi all, I am really frustrated, and I hope someone can help me.  Here is the issue(s) and the steps I have taken so far:

1.  My magento site crashed and I had to have it reinstalled.  Started over with everything.  The backup from my webhost did not fix the issue.  Anyway, they were able to reinstall my site.  But when it was finally reinstalled there was a notification of an update....

2.  I could not update because of "Check Component Dependency" after trying suggestions found here and on internet, I still could not update.

3.  contacted webhost Siteground for help.  Siteground was able to update for me.  Then....

4.  tried to reinstall my extensions:  M2EPro, Knowband Etsy, Store Manager but none of the extensions would install due to the "Check Component Dependency" error, again.  Again, I tried the suggestions given here as well as the internet.  nothing.

5.  Contacted webhost, there was nothing they could do.  

6. Hired a freelancer and still could not be fixed.  He stated "  so issue is found
https://www.siteground.com/kb/how_to_increase_php_memory/
have a look at this. 
your php memory limit is exhausting when trying to install a new package and with siteground it is fixed for your account and cannot be updated or increased.  you need to either upgrade your account or switch to new provider else this issue will always prevail "

7.  Contacted Siteground again.  I was told, "PHP memory_limit is 768 MB on all our shared servers and it can not be changed as the change will affect all hosting accounts on the server and could lead to global issues. Higher values can only be set on Cloud servers, where as the sole user of all resources you will be able to set desired values:
https://www.siteground.com/cloud-hosting.htm
I checked our reports and there are no records about the memory_limit affecting the update process.
I see in the Dashboard that the higher memory limit is only recommended but does not seem like a requirement and only the readiness check is affected by the component dependency."

I am so sorry for the long post and apologize is this issue has been posted before.  I could not find it.  I am just so frustrated at this point.  And I would appreciate some help.

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help please Shared Hosting PHP Check Component Dependency

As has already been suggested, if Siteground does not provide the required resources to maintain and operate a Magento store, you may need to look at other options. While I'd always recommend a dedicated server, I know how low the Siteground shared hosting prices are, and I understand you may not be prepared to make that leap.

There are shared hosting providers that have a stronger focus on Magento and are more likely to meet your needs, like Nexcess and AlphaHosting, that you can reach out to in order to see if they'd be a better fit for your situation.

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hello @jabale ,

Can you please have a look on this https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/comp-mgr/trouble/cman/component-depend.html#trouble-depend-s...

Hope it will help you.

Thank you.

Hi, thank you for your quick reply.  I tried that when I was researching what to do.  But it did not work (<magento_root>/var/.update_cronjob_status and <magento_root>/var/.setup_cronjob_status)

Hello,

To bypass the memory_limit while running commands you can use your commands like this :

php -d memory_limit=-1 bin/magento .....

For more information please refer to https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/install-gde/prereq/php-settings.html

Try to install the extension by bypassing memory limit. 

Please let me know if you still face this issue.
If this helps you then please give us kudos and select as solution. 

Thank you again  : )  I have forwarded the info to the freelancer that said he knew all about Magento.  I will let you know as soon as I hear back.  I appreciate your help, so much.

You are welcome.

If you like my reply, please give kudos.

Thank you.

If SiteGround doesn't allow you to increase your PHP memory_limit and you need a higher limit, it may be time to consider alternatives. 

I doubt the solution to bypass the memory_limit by @Sarvagya Pandey will work if you are on shared hosting but do let us know how it goes. 

As has already been suggested, if Siteground does not provide the required resources to maintain and operate a Magento store, you may need to look at other options. While I'd always recommend a dedicated server, I know how low the Siteground shared hosting prices are, and I understand you may not be prepared to make that leap.

There are shared hosting providers that have a stronger focus on Magento and are more likely to meet your needs, like Nexcess and AlphaHosting, that you can reach out to in order to see if they'd be a better fit for your situation.

Best of luck!

Thank you, I am looking into the web hosts that you have suggested.  I am going to ask questions before I commit.  Thank you all for your support.  I appreciate your knowledge.  I just want the darn thing to work.  : )  

I've again reached out to siteground, but they must be tired of hearing from me, as they have not responded.  So I can't give you an update.  However, if they do respond, I'll be sure to let you all know.  I'm sure I am not the only person having these issues.  Thanks again!