cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting for Magento2 Study & Practice.

Hosting for Magento2 Study & Practice.

Hi there. I am looking to get started with Magento 2 and want to purchase some hosting that will serve as a good test bed for learning about all the basics. I'm a PHP developer so I wish to dive into Modules when I've found my feet. I'm not looking to purchase the best hosting on the market because it will just go to waste, but I would like something that exposes me too all the problems that a Magento developer would have to deal with on a daily basis. 

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hosting for Magento2 Study & Practice.

Hi @brent_cooper 

You can create a environment on your local server and can do the practice.

If you want to purchase hosting, then lot of hosting provider gives 30 days free trial as well. 

for example: mgtclusters (example only not recommendation)

Every hosting server have there own plan as per need. For learning I will recommend to try once 30 days free trial.

I hope it will help you!

Ye I noticed Nexcess and AWS offer something similar to that. 
I use to use XAMPP but thing with desktops is they are noisy. 
If all fails I'll try the AWS 30 day trial but ty anyway. 

Hi @brent_cooper,

With AWS, you'll have more to manage, and configuring and optimizing a hosting account for Magento is not always a walk in the park. If you want to be able to focus on dev, Nexcess is a good place to look for a starter account. You could also consider providers like AlphaHosting and AspirationHosting.

When it comes time to launch a site for an established brand, you should reconsider your options as you'll want to focus more on factors like security and scalability, but for getting your feet wet, one of these shared environments should hopefully do the trick.

Best of luck!