Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to place Weebly domain name on magento live host? Xamp? Im lost

How to place Weebly domain name on magento live host? Xamp? Im lost

Problem help me please
domain name registered with weebly....

www.bargainbasementaustralia.com

Download magento on laptop and xamp also. I'm stuck...
Can I run live host or local host and make website with magento with my domain name registered with weebly? Is this possible? I have eBay store want connect my domain to magento and m2e extension otherwise shoplift with oberlo help any idea???
1 REPLY 1

Re: How to place Weebly domain name on magento live host? Xamp? Im lost

Hi, I responded to your duplicate post here: https://community.magento.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Magento-Community/Weebly-to-magento/m-p/75689. But you've provided a little additional info here so I'll respond further. 

You will need to find a Magento hosting company to host your Magento store as you won't be able to do this locally or with Weebly. As I mentioned in your other post, you should be able to point your domain name to the IP address that your magento host gives you. 

Locally, you will develop your Magento website but it won't beon bargainbasementaustralia.com, you'll have a local development URL to work on. This will differ depending on your development environment but is configurable and specific to you. It won't be visible to the outside world. 

Installing the m2e extensons seems like a good step forward if you want the magento site to integrate with ebay. You can install locally, do some testing, before deploying the code to live on your new magento host.

I've not got familiarity with xamp so I'm afraid I can't help there. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!