cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 will work with Hostgator's Hatchling Cloud plane??

Magento 2 will work with Hostgator's Hatchling Cloud plane??

I want to host a Magento 2 site .. can it run with Hostgator's Hatchling Cloud plane?

It would be a small site.. maybe with 1500 product and 500 visitor par day..

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Magento 2 will work with Hostgator's Hatchling Cloud plane??

Hi @KPDAS,

I've never used that plan but I'm not sure if a plan of 4.95 USD could be enough.

Also you'll need Varnish (is the default recomendation on Magento2).

Than plan feels like "It's ok for fun" or "It's a nice dev server", but not a production one.

I highly doubt that you will be able to run a Magento 2 store properly with them seeing that their PHP limits are very restrictive. 

Besides that, just to point out that HostGator is owned by the Endurance International Group (EIG) which owned quite a few other brands and EIG's reputation speaks for itself. Just Google around for their reviews (and avoid those "Top 10" affiliate driven sites) and you'll see what I mean. 

Me too highly doubt  that you will be able to host magento 2 store in cheap shared hosting plan. I would recommend going with DigitalOcean, amazon lightsail, aws cloud, or google cloud instances with enough resources. if you are new to setting up magento 2 , would recommend go with managed magento 2 hosting providers who use above hosting cloud providers 

Those run mysql 5.6 but you will have max simultaneous processes of 25, which may or may not be of any affect.  I'm still learning this stuff so if you can add any caching on top of their stuff it would probably help, but you can always add more RAM and Processors for more $.

Hello!

You may be able to run it, but it will not run very well. As others have said here, the php limits offered by the plan are extremely restrictive.

I have attempted to host Magento 1.x on various HostGator plans in the past and never once had a good experience. To put it simply, HostGator is more oriented towards simplistic css/html designs.

Cheers!

Leslie B.
Aspiration Hosting - Magento 1 & 2 Optimized Cloud Hosting
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

I'm running a Magento 1 site (www.benabee.com) on a shared business plan. I can't upgrade to Magento 2  because the MySQL version is not compatible with Magento 2.

Hostgator uses MySQL 5.5 while Magento 2 requires MySQL 5.6 or 5.7.

I don't know which MySQL version is installed on Hatching cloud. If it's the same version as shared plans, it's not compatible.

Maxime Coudreuse, developer of Product Manager for Magento: User-friendly product editor with customizable grid interface and category tree for Magento 1 and 2