cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento and MAMP Setup - Memory_Limit Issue

Magento and MAMP Setup - Memory_Limit Issue

Hi All,

Wondering if the collective have any ideas on a couple of issues I have, I am currently setting up Magento on a local test environment using MAMP PRO and trying to set up Cron jobs and update to the latest version of Magento and cant seem to get past some hurdles.

A) When running the readiness test, Magento flagged that memory limit was too low (128M vs 746M) 

"[2018-04-10 12:24:00] setup-cron.ERROR: Your current PHP memory limit is 128M. Magento 2 requires it to be set to 756M or more. As a user with root privileges, edit your php.ini file to increase memory_limit. (The command php --ini tells you where it is located.) After that, restart your web server and try again. [] []"

I have updated memory_limit to 2048M in php.ini (checking CLI php --ini), .htaccess, .user.ini. Then rebooted server and run phpinfo() to check, which both local and master memory_limit displaying the 2048M. although this is displaying the correct number now, I rerun the readiness test and get the same error. 

B) PHP Extension mcrypt - this seems to be missing, but within the php.ini I have extension=mcrypt.so which seems to be right, is there something I am missing? 

Any thoughts or guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento and MAMP Setup - Memory_Limit Issue

It looks like you may have two php.ini setup, one at the server level and one for the application level. You'll need to look into your setup to identify & modify the application level php.ini and see if that helps.