cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Magento2 site loading speed is more than 2 minutes

My Magento2 site loading speed is more than 2 minutes

Hi all, hope everyone is doing good. I have a Magento 2 store and the issue is it is taking more than 2 minutes to load up completely. We have minification of JS, CSS enabled also full page cache is enabled and have hosted it on a pretty good server which has 4 cores. The server is from GoDaddy(FYI). Is there any guide which can help me? I have read through many discussions on this forum but found nothing regarding other things except to enable full page cache and minify JS, CSS which are already checked.

P.S: GTMetrix and Google page speed tests are not working because the site is taking more than 2 minutes to load. Although I found out that the number of HTTP calls made by the site are around 500 approx.

Info regarding store:

1. It is an eCommerce store with ~30000 products.

2. As of now we sell only in US.

Thanks in advance. Have a great day to everyone.

11 REPLIES 11

Re: My Magento2 site loading speed is more than 2 minutes

Hi @pmcshivamg8dc1 

If you can share the website url it may help to assist.
Why do you not want to use full page cache? Did you enable caches other than full page cache?

Are you running your store in production mode or development mode?

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Are you just using the Built-in Cache for Magento 2?

Do you have Varnish or LiteMage Cache (choose one, not both) and Redis Cache enabled? 

Is the server with GoDaddy a shared, virtual or dedicated server? In my honest opinion, GoDaddy is not a hosting provider who specializes in Magento 2 so their servers are not properly tuned and optimized for it. Based on what you are running so far, moving to a Magento optimized provider will provide you with a huge speed improvements. 

Besides that, you will also want to disable or remove any modules or components that came with Magento 2 out of the box but you don't use as they will all add to your store's loading speed. 

The website URL is pushmycart.com and yes we are using default Magento full page cache(I believe). And yes the site is running in  production mode.

Also thanks for your time.

As far as I know we are using the built-in cache offered by Magento 2 out of the box. Not Varnish. And regarding the server it is a dedicated server offered by Go Daddy with 4 cores.

And regarding the last thing, Only the necessary ones are enabled I believe.

Would you suggest enabling Varnish Cache and Redis? Also which CDN would be better for Magento 2 store? IS it a thing or we can go with any popular CDN provider?

Thanks for your time though, appreciate it.

@pmcshivamg8dc1 wrote:

As far as I know we are using the built-in cache offered by Magento 2 out of the box. Not Varnish. And regarding the server it is a dedicated server offered by Go Daddy with 4 cores.

And regarding the last thing, Only the necessary ones are enabled I believe.

Would you suggest enabling Varnish Cache and Redis? Also which CDN would be better for Magento 2 store? IS it a thing or we can go with any popular CDN provider?

Thanks for your time though, appreciate it.

Yes, Varnish or LiteMage Cache (either one, not both) and Redis Cache will definitely help improve loading speed. 

If your server is managed, your hosting provider should be able to set them up for you although I do have concerns with GoDaddy's ability to setup and support them. Once again I do believe that you are better off moving to a Magento optimized provider where these caches and a whole lot of other server level tuning and optimizations are available out of the box. 

I don't believe that a CDN will help much if your target audience are US based as long as your server is located in the US as well. 

The server we are using is located in US. And targeted audience is only US as of now, once everything is good we will soon be launching it in other countries as well.

One other thing, we were thinking of taking Amasty Google page speed optimizer M2 extension, do you have any thoughts about it? Is it any good or just another extension out in the wild. Your opinion would be appreciated.

Hello @pmcshivamg8dc1,

Our CTO ran research on Magento 2 speed optimization using the default functionality. You might find some insights helpful:

https://www.mageworx.com/blog/magento-2-speed-optimization-research-proves-default-functionality-is-...

---------------------------------------------------------

If you find our answer useful, please give 'Kudos' or 'Accept as Solution'.

Thank you will definitely have a look.

Have a great day.

Hello,

PageSpeed scores for your mobile site vary primarily because they use a different environment to test the page speed of your site. Mobile scores are tested using simulated mobile devices. Mobile computers typically have slower processors. Moreover, for mobile sites, PageSpeed Insights uses a cellphone network (2G, 3G, 4G) to test. Also, there are device-specific CSS rules for mobile devices that you must adhere to. These factors together cause the score for your mobile site to be lower than that of the desktop site.

Here are some tips that would be useful to improve your mobile speed:

1. Use compressed images.
  2. Keep your website design simple.
  3. Avoid or limit the use of custom fonts.
  4. Reduce the number of redirects on the site as much as you can.
  5. Minify the Code - Minification means simplifying the code and getting rid of any unnecessary characters (like empty spaces) without changing the functionalities. When you delete the excess code, you reduce the page weight which improve the speed and performance of your site.

I hope that these suggestions were helpful to you! If you need further assistance, I would be happy to analyze your site and make specific recommendations. So, if you’d like me to take a look at it then you can share the URL.

or you can ping us for more info:- https://w3speedup.com/contact-us/

Hope I could be of some help! Thank you!

Founder of W3 SpeedUp (Magento optimization experts, theme customization, Can Speedup all types of CMS and Framework).
E-mail: support@w3speedup.com