cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best Dedicated Server Specs for Magento?

What is the best Dedicated Server Specs for Magento?

I'm getting a new Dedicated Server for Magento.

The size traffic is medium (About 1k) Daily.

Working on Fastest Theme bought from themeforest.

I need the specs as I got vps but it was slow and had so many problems after the installing.

Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

11 REPLIES 11

Re: What is the best Dedicated Server Specs for Magento?

Here's a page where you can find sample recommended Magento server specs. There's also a size-out form on the page where you can enter your URL to get a more custom recommendation (for free). A good recommendation should keep in mind a few additional factors, like peak traffic (and not only average traffic).

With correct settings and optimisations server-side you should be able to get this to work on most VPS however that is purely an assumption based on the limited information you have provided.

They key factor in getting the right size server is how many visitors vs checkouts do you have and what is the frequency of said checkouts.

Additional factors include things like how many custom modules do you have installed and how cleanly coded is your themeforest theme.

There is no special formula but plenty of people on here can provide their opinion including myself based on real world examples.

Feel free to share more info either publicly or in DM and I'd be happy to help you progress if you haven't already.

--
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Is the VPS managed or unmanaged?

If you are not very familiar with server tuning and optimization, it may be a good idea to go with a managed server (VPS, Cloud or Dedicated Server) and especially with hosting providers who are familiar with Magento so they can tune and optimize the server to suit your environment.

Magento 2.3.0 is having problem on the store whenever huge catalog is present. If your store is managing huge catalog, Please check the fix of catalog issue. https://github.com/magento-engcom/msi/pull/1950/files

With 1k daily visitor, a vps with 4gb ram, 4core cpu can handle your site pretty well. So if you are using dedicated, try a small dedicated option with 8gb ram, 4 core cpu (should run on SSD)

does the core speed make much difference?

Hi!

First of all, if you are tech-savvy then server management won't be a problem for you. If you aren't techie guy then, a managed hosting provider is the way to go. 

Magento has explained all the server requirements that are best to offer the website speed performance. Here's the link that you can go through - official doc by Magento: https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/install-gde/system-requirements-tech.html

I hope, this would give you a clear idea about the server requirements and specs.
If you've any other queries, feel free to let me know.

IF you have website have 5k to 100k visitor then autoscale setup is the best , for 2k below then vps or dedicated server is already good 

We have dedicated server E5 with 64gb , nvme storage and were happy about the speed .9 to 1.3sec loading time 

We use Nginx-Varnish + Percona + Elastic - Redis 

For VPS user don't buy shared vcpu always buy Dedicated CPU as Magento 2 is need power unless your store is 300sku only then it's fine to get shared cpu

we find that for circa 4k Visitors & 100 orders per day 

• 8 x Intel Xeon 3.9Ghz
  • 32GB - 2133MT/s DDR4

does us with hardware raided SSD drives, we moved form woocommerce to magento 2

<< Snipped >>