cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to a separate products and categories into a separate DB(db is about 250GB) and reuse it

SOLVED

how to a separate products and categories into a separate DB(db is about 250GB) and reuse it

any idea of how can I have products and categories in M241 community in a separate database from the actual shop and reuse products and categories for a new M24? The database I need to share to multiple shops is about 250GB. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: how to a separate products and categories into a separate DB(db is about 250GB) and reuse it

To have multiple databases, you just need to use mysqldump to export the existing database into a .sql file and then reimport it back to a new database. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Re: how to a separate products and categories into a separate DB(db is about 250GB) and reuse it

If I understand you correctly, should be able to just use mysqldump to export the database and import it into a new database, then modify the core_config_data table in the new database to reflect the new store's domain. 

should have a separate DB  for products and categories and this DB should serve at least 2 different shops. The DB is too big to have it duplicated on the server. Please confirm if modifying core_config_data table  would work 

thanks 

I don't think I am understanding you correctly. 

Do you want to create a separate database for a new Magento store or do you want to have just one database for multiple stores? 

I need  to have/to create a separate database that serves several  new Magento  shops so I have to connect external DB and feed data to Magento separate shops 

To have multiple databases, you just need to use mysqldump to export the existing database into a .sql file and then reimport it back to a new database. 

how to do that? this is the question 

You need to mysqldump (via SSH).

There are quite a few guides online, this is one example. 

okay so is not hard to export DB . the question is how I replace category and products tables with category and product external database? 

May you let me know what it will be solution, please ?