cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

setup for Redirect url of my website

setup for Redirect url of my website

i placed project in server folder eg: domain.com/folder.

now i want to make it live but i dont want to show that folder name ,on every redirect it should domain name only. is that possible..? if it is then please provide us solution

3 REPLIES 3

Re: setup for Redirect url of my website

Hi @tippanna_pawar 

Yes, it is possible and all the sites are working on domain names only we don't require to put folder name into the URL.

Now to do that, you need to make your that specific folder as webroot directory - meaning where you are placing all the Magento files that directory has to be webroot directory and pointed that directory to your domain name.

Then you don't need to add folder name in URL, it will directly work using the domain name.

This is more or less server-side (Hosting) configurations  - so i would suggest you to connect with your hosting team they will help you to achieve the same.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Thanks for your valuable reply. as you suggested I will proceed with hosting team with this and get back to you.

Instead of doing a redirect, have you considered just shifting all the Magento files up to the main directory?

That should be easier to achieve and have less possibility to break down the road.