cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about themes.json and folder structure

Question about themes.json and folder structure

Hi,

First of all, this is an excellent tool, great props to you guys for sharing it, it really helps my development workflow. I have a couple of questions about setting up the theme.json file and how it relates to the folder structure.

This is my themes.json config for my custom theme:

"custom-theme": {
    "src": "app/design/frontend/Jason/custom/web",
    "dest": "pub/static/frontend/Jason/custom",
    "locale" : ["en_US"],
    "lang": "scss",
    "postcss": ["plugins.autoprefixer()"]
  }

The scss files for my theme are located in 'app/design/frontend/Jason/custom/web/css' as per the (LESS) conventions.

Initially, my 'src' key was set to 'app/design/frontend/Jason/custom', but I realised that gulp output the css file into 'pub/static/frontend/Jason/custom/web/css' instead of my desired 'pub/static/frontend/Jason/custom/css' folder, hence my modification. 

My first question is if this is working as intended, or did I mess up somewhere? Perhaps I should set the 'parent' key of my custom theme to the Magento blank theme? But given that the Magento blank theme does not use Sass, do I need to do that?

Secondly, the config files in '/dev/tools/frontools/config' are the ones I use for configuration. I also noticed that there are a different set of sample config files in '/tools/config' after running 'gulp setup'. Should I be placing my config files in there instead?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Question about themes.json and folder structure

Rename `web/css

Re: Question about themes.json and folder structure

Rename `web/css` to `styles` (in modules too) and should works fine.