Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing style.css from snowdog/blank theme

SOLVED

missing style.css from snowdog/blank theme

use ubuntu +node 4.x

i locate the files from snowdog theme blank to the location -->

/Users/refaelgold/PhpstormProjects/magento2-vagrant-for-developers/magento2ce/app/design/frontend/Snowdog/blank

i config snowdog/blank has current theme and i did

setup:upgrade

setup:static-content:deploy

and the theme is loaded without css and i get this error :

GET http://magento2.vagrant196/pub/static/frontend/Snowdog/blank/en_US/css/print.css 
(index):16 GET http://magento2.vagrant196/pub/static/frontend/Snowdog/blank/en_US/css/styles.css
i

i did gulp setup and gulp deploy and there is files inside magento2ce/pub/static/frontend/Snowdog/blank/en_US

vagrant@magento2:/Users/refaelgold/PhpstormProjects/magento2-vagrant-for-developers/magento2ce/vendor/snowdog/frontools/config$ gulp deploy
[19:28:47] Working directory changed to /Users/refaelgold/PhpstormProjects/magento2-vagrant-for-developers/magento2ce/vendor/snowdog/frontools
[19:28:56] Using gulpfile /Users/refaelgold/PhpstormProjects/magento2-vagrant-for-developers/magento2ce/vendor/snowdog/frontools/gulpfile.js
[19:28:56] Starting 'deploy'...
[19:29:00] Finished 'deploy' after 4.03 s

i try to do 

php bin/magento dev:soure-theme:deploy and i got this message 

vagrant@magento2:/Users/refaelgold/PhpstormProjects/magento2-vagrant-for-developers/magento2ce$ php bin/magento dev:source-theme:deploy
Processed Area: frontend, Locale: en_US, Theme: Magento/luma, File type: less.
-> css/styles-m.less
-> css/styles-l.less
Successfully processed.

please update me what to do 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: missing style.css from snowdog/blank theme

When i read this official docs - i never had issues (4 month)

http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.1/frontend-dev-guide/css-topics/css_debug.html

your composer not allow to modules  like to installed so 

"magento/module-customer": "100.2.0-dev",

so i had to do it manually instead to ask for you to change it because your Ego not allow you to hear other opinions or comments. 

lets say you are the greatest developer on earth and everybody who not thinking like you are stupid :-)

i really think you need to talk to magento company and do M3 alone only for smart developers like you and not for average developers like me 

when i read your docs and try setup styles and deploy and  change the theme.json and now its works 

"sass-blank": {
    "src"    : "app/design/frontend/Snowdog/blank",
    "dest"   : "pub/static/frontend/Snowdog/blank",
    "locale" : ["en_US"],
    "lang"   : "scss",
    "postcss": ["plugins.autoprefixer()"]
  },

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

forgot the add the theme.json 

{
  "backend": {
    "src"    : "app/design/adminhtml/Magento/backend",
    "dest"   : "pub/static/adminhtml/Magento/backend",
    "lang"   : "less",
    "default": true,
    "area"   : "adminhtml",
    "vendor" : "Magento",
    "name"   : "backend",
    "files"  : [
      "css/styles-old",
      "css/styles"
    ]
  },
  "blank": {
    "src"    : "app/design/frontend/Magento/blank",
    "dest"   : "pub/static/frontend/Magento/blank",
    "area"   : "frontend",
    "name"   : "blank",
      "css/styles-m",
      "css/styles-l",
      "css/email",
      "css/email-inline"
    ]
  },
  "luma": {
    "src"    : "app/design/frontend/Magento/luma",
    "dest"   : "pub/static/frontend/Magento/luma",
    "area"   : "frontend",
    "name"   : "luma",
      "css/styles-m",
      "css/styles-l"
    ]
  },
    "src"    : "vendor/snowdog/theme-blank-sass",
    "dest"   : "pub/static/frontend/snowdog/blank",
    "locale" : ["en_US", "pl_PL"],
  },
  "sass-custom": {
    "src"    : "vendor/snowdog/theme-custom",
    "dest"   : "pub/static/frontend/snowdog/custom",
    "parent" : "sass-blank",
    "locale" : ["en_US", "pl_PL"],
  }
}

gulp styles

or in this specific case

gulp styles --theme sass-blank

Please, read manual first.

This theme and tools are designed for developers. If you can't read docs or understand simple JS code... you are not a developer and should not use this?

if you are a developer and you write a manual its need to work your manual ...

I saw a lot of themes who based on blank theme of magento and they work perfectly and i develop two projects who based on it and i have no issues at all.. 

if you want to blame everybody and not give a support thats fine .. 

i will do like porto and most of the developers who use only and inside the core and wait until it will be stable .

I'm just blaming you, b/c it's third topic where you ask about help, one was your configuration fault and two other are just, b/c you don't read docs. Many devs use this tools and no one ask "how to compile styles?", b/c it's basic task.

If you want to blame me, b/c I build tools which require some basic knowledge to use, just use automated super slow build-in M2 static assets processing or build own, better, solution.

When i read this official docs - i never had issues (4 month)

http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.1/frontend-dev-guide/css-topics/css_debug.html

your composer not allow to modules  like to installed so 

"magento/module-customer": "100.2.0-dev",

so i had to do it manually instead to ask for you to change it because your Ego not allow you to hear other opinions or comments. 

lets say you are the greatest developer on earth and everybody who not thinking like you are stupid :-)

i really think you need to talk to magento company and do M3 alone only for smart developers like you and not for average developers like me 

when i read your docs and try setup styles and deploy and  change the theme.json and now its works 

"src"    : "app/design/frontend/Snowdog/blank",
    "dest"   : "pub/static/frontend/Snowdog/blank",
  },

You don't even ask about things related to compatibility with other versions of M2. We in Snowdog are using only stable version and everting is fine. If you want to use it with "dev" releases and there are some way to keep compatibility with both versions, why you doesn't create a pull request to fix this issue?

I'm always open to any type of idea or fixing some issue, but your questions here are just ridiculous. If you are not familiar with Gulp based tools, just spend some time and learn about it - it's really useful and simple.

I can't predict every issue on every dev env. Issue mentioned by you are just related only to case sensitive partitions - I'm not using them, so I miss that thing creating sample configuration (this is just sample, example of using parameters, not ready to go configuration!). This issue are already resolved on develop branch, b/c somebody recently find this issue and create a pull request with fix - b/c I'm open to any kind of real open source contributions.

Let's think about how open source works and stop blaming authors, b/c some developers oriented tools are not ready to use out of the box. I'm not building a enterprise grade solution, with support team, detailed step by step documentation - it's just me, my time paid by Snowdog to do this things for our internal purposes, but we also decided to share this things with you - Magento community.

We share our solution to everybody for free and tries to provide some basic support. If you can't respect our work, just don't use them or create own solution, invest your free time or convince you company to invest time, then share it to community - I'd love to see other tools / themes better than this one.