cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 columns with left bar

SOLVED

2 columns with left bar

Hi,

I am trying to create a static page which will have the Titles for navigation at the left and the main content on the main area. something like this:https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4fvbuxyealxf9z/content%20with%20navigation.JPG?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4fvbuxyealxf9z/content%20with%20navigation.JPG?dl=0

if image cannot be seen check: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j4fvbuxyealxf9z/content%20with%20navigation.JPG?dl=0

Now I have set the Design layout to 2 columns with left bar, which made space for the navigation sidebar.

My problem is that I don't know from where I can choose the subtitles so they can be displayed a link in the left navigation menu. does anyone know?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 2 columns with left bar

Hi @robertbits

Well there is 2 two reason -  first  from the layout, you need to select 1 column layout

Second and important reasons is - there might be issue with <div> tags - so kindly check that and it will displayed at the left side.

you can refer magento2 's privacy policy page as an reference as i have taken this code from there only !

Hope it helps 

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @robertbits

okay i understand your issue !!

Assuming you wanted to add navigation menu / links(subtitles) on the left side .

if you go through the magento 's native privacy policy page - it have navigation menu on the left side you posted screenshot for the same.

Its actually adding by proper html structure with css classes - at the bottom of the content of the page !

Below is the code they used to add the navigation menu left side 

<div class="block block-collapsible-nav">
<div class="title block-collapsible-nav-title" data-mage-init="{&quot;toggleAdvanced&quot;: {&quot;toggleContainers&quot;: &quot;#privacy-policy-nav-content&quot;, &quot;selectorsToggleClass&quot;: &quot;active&quot;}}">Privacy Menu</div>
<div id="privacy-policy-nav-content" class="block-collapsible-content content">
<ul class="items">
<li class="item current"><a href="#privacy-policy-title-1">Luma Securitys</a></li>
<li class="item"><a href="#privacy-policy-title-2">Luma Privacy Policy</a></li>
<li class="item"><a href="#privacy-policy-title-3">The Information We Collect</a></li>
<li class="item"><a href="#privacy-policy-title-4">How We Use The Information We Collect</a></li>
<li class="item"><a href="#privacy-policy-title-5">Security</a></li>
<li class="item"><a href="#privacy-policy-title-6">Others With Whom We Share Your Information.</a></li>
<li class="item"><a href="#privacy-policy-title-7">Your Choices Regarding Use Of The Information We Collect</a></li>
<li class="item"><a href="#privacy-policy-title-8">Your California Privacy Rights</a></li>
<li class="item"><a href="#privacy-policy-title-9">Cookies, Web Beacons, and How We Use Them</a></li>
<li class="item"><a href="#privacy-policy-title-10">List of cookies we collect</a></li>
<li class="item"><a href="#privacy-policy-title-11">Online Account Registration</a></li>
<li class="item"><a href="#privacy-policy-title-12">Emails</a></li>
<li class="item"><a href="#privacy-policy-title-13">Acceptance</a></li>
<li class="item"><a href="#privacy-policy-title-14">Questions for Luma?</a></li>
</ul>
</div>
</div>
</div>

So same like if you wanted to add this in your cms page - then in the page edit form - in the content section - when you complete your content - you need to add above html code and needs  to change its links and its links title for the same.

then click on save and check at frontend - links will be there !

Hope it helps !

@Manthan Dave

the problem is that when I added the code you provided, and the one that was already there, the result was that the menu was displayed at the end of the page:

Screenshot URL
content with navigation_error.PNG

Hi @robertbits

Well there is 2 two reason -  first  from the layout, you need to select 1 column layout

Second and important reasons is - there might be issue with <div> tags - so kindly check that and it will displayed at the left side.

you can refer magento2 's privacy policy page as an reference as i have taken this code from there only !

Hope it helps 

Hi ManthanDave,

I have used your code, put below the content, chose the 1 colom layout and tried removing some div's, but it still doesn't work. It's still below each other

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Hi @milan_m

Surely will help you !

So are you creating a new page and you want the left and side menu ? 

If yes then  you can refer magento2 's default privacy policy page as an reference as i have taken this code from there only !

From there go to the content part and click on show/hide editor button - copy whole code from there and paste it into your new page

then change your content accordingly , it will helps you to achieve the same 

hope it helps

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply!

I am creating a new page and I want the left and side menu. The default privacy policy page doesn't have a side bar and I think this is because I use the Ultimo theme for Magento 2.

Hi @milan_m

Yes - i understand your problem as you are using ultimo theme , so i would suggest you to change it to default Luma theme - and then copy the code from privacy policy page

Then later on add this code into your new theme - it will works

Hi!

Didn't you took the code from above from the privacy pol. page?

Hi @milan_m

Yes , it is from there only but as you mention that its not working so , that's the reason i would suggest you to check default privacy policy page and take a code from there