cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Text to the Login page

SOLVED

Adding Text to the Login page

We had to start our site all over from scratch because of a failed upgrade. 

So we have many existing customers who are getting confused when they try and login with the accounts they use to have but are no longer there. 

How can we add text to the login page that states "if you had an account prior to 11/24/2020, it was not able to be transfered to the new site, please create a new account" ... the wording we will work on but how do we add something like that to the Login Page?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding Text to the Login page

Hello @alexander_frost .

We've just covered your question in the how-to blog post with step-by-step guidelines and screenshots.

We hope it helps: https://www.mageworx.com/blog/how-to-add-text-to-login-page-in-magento-2/

---------------------------------------------------------

If you find our answer useful, please give 'Kudos' or 'Accept as Solution'.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@alexander_frost 

Depends on which theme you are using, the most efficient way is to use template path hint.

you can follow how to enable template path hint from docs here :

https://docs.magento.com/user-guide/system/template-path-hints.html

Note : make sure you add "?templatehints=lorem" at the end of any URL to show the path.

from here you will get the path and hint where you can add, just open that phtml and add your content however you like.

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

Thank you, I have enabled all of that and this is what shows on the page. I tried digging through this .. and I find the login side but I cannot find the "New Customers" Side which is where I would like to put the text (below it). 

Here is the list from the Template Paths. 

/home/satanmec/public_html/app/code/MGS/AjaxCart/view/frontend/templates/js/components.phtml
/home/satanmec/public_html/app/code/MGS/Guestwishlist/view/frontend/templates/js.phtml
/home/satanmec/public_html/vendor/magento/module-captcha/view/frontend/templates/js/components.phtml
/home/satanmec/public_html/vendor/magento/module-theme/view/frontend/templates/js/cookie_status.phtml
/home/satanmec/public_html/vendor/magento/module-theme/view/frontend/templates/js/cookie.phtml
/home/satanmec/public_html/app/design/frontend/Mgs/mgsblank/Magento_Theme/templates/html/notices.phtml
/home/satanmec/public_html/vendor/magento/module-cookie/view/base/templates/html/cookie.phtml
/home/satanmec/public_html/vendor/magento/module-ui/view/base/templates/logger.phtml
/home/satanmec/public_html/vendor/magento/module-ui/view/base/templates/wysiwyg/active_editor.phtml
/home/satanmec/public_html/vendor/magento/module-login-as-customer-frontend-ui/view/frontend/templates/html/notices.phtml
/home/satanmec/public_html/vendor/dotmailer/dotmailer-magento2-extension/view/frontend/templates/email/tracking_code.phtml
/home/satanmec/public_html/app/code/MGS/QuickView/view/frontend/templates/js.phtml
/home/satanmec/public_html/vendor/dotmailer/dotmailer-magento2-extension/view/frontend/templates/email/email_wbt_login.phtml

@alexander_frost 

Share image which shows template path so I can understand according to theme.

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

Hello @alexander_frost .

We've just covered your question in the how-to blog post with step-by-step guidelines and screenshots.

We hope it helps: https://www.mageworx.com/blog/how-to-add-text-to-login-page-in-magento-2/

---------------------------------------------------------

If you find our answer useful, please give 'Kudos' or 'Accept as Solution'.