cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are the themes independent of the extensions?

Are the themes independent of the extensions?

Install "Marketplace Basic [M2]" from CED Commerce, now I am looking for a theme for the market, I found "Mag2 Marketplace - Magento 2 Theme Support Multiple Stores" of CMSmart
https://themeforest.net/item/mag2-marketplace-magento-2-theme-support-multiple- stores / / 840751
which I find very interesting, this particular topic is part of a market extension "Integrated package of multiple suppliers of Amazon Theme for Magento 1 and 2" from CMSmart, https://cmsmart.net/magento-themes/magento-amazon -theme
but this market is very expensive for me, at this stage of testing my website.
My question is, are the themes independent of the extensions?
or this theme "Mag2 Marketplace - Magento 2 Theme Support Multiple Stores" of CMSmart sold separately from the market as a theme, can work with the extension "Marketplace Basic [M2]" of CED Commerce?

I ask the support of the subject, but they respond in 24 hours and I can not wait so long.

I hope you help me, please,  greatly appreciate the help you can give me.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Are the themes independent of the extensions?

Hi @pedro _rivera,

I don't know those themes but normally you can have a theme without dependency on modules.

At the same time, you'll find themes with a set of extra features.

The final decision is from the Vendor so there isn't an unique answer.

(my 2 cents)

Thanks for your response.

Its based on theme structure. If your theme gives full functionality like bestseller module, New Products, Sale Products, Customization add to cart after popup and any additional functionality then they will depends on Module/extension.

Most of the Paid themes are build up using extension and so they depends on Extensions but not all the themes are depend on Extensions.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial