cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy static view files

SOLVED

Deploy static view files

Hello everyone.

Im quite new to magento2 but i think i have managed to finally get it setup.

However i created a child theme with parent as Magento/Blank.

But then i realized that there was no original theme files in the apps/design/frontend/Magento ?

I have read around the forums and everyone is pointing me towards running this command in the root directory ''/bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy''

Which i have done but it tells me that there is '-bash /bin/magento No such file or directory'...

I have tried several different things, and tried to run it as magento user and root user but nothing is working.

Please can anybody advise further. Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Deploy static view files

I am not clear with your question. But I try to give answer for what i understood.

First, to deploy static files in Magento 2, use bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy. I find that your command starts with slash( /bin/magento ), it checks bin/magento in root folder.

Next, You can't find any files in app/design/frontend/Magento. Instead everything will be available in Vendor/Magento directory. You should have manually copy the files from Vendor/Magento/theme-frontend-blank directory.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I am not clear with your question. But I try to give answer for what i understood.

First, to deploy static files in Magento 2, use bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy. I find that your command starts with slash( /bin/magento ), it checks bin/magento in root folder.

Next, You can't find any files in app/design/frontend/Magento. Instead everything will be available in Vendor/Magento directory. You should have manually copy the files from Vendor/Magento/theme-frontend-blank directory.

Thanks for that. It was the '/' that was stopping it.

Thanks for your help