cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headless and classic Magento within one Magento installation

Headless and classic Magento within one Magento installation

I was wondering if it is possible to run 2 Magento websites within 1 Magento installation, when for one website Magento is used headless and the other website is classic Magento.

Maybe somebody has experience with that or any thoughts about if that would work or not.

Many thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Headless and classic Magento within one Magento installation

Hi @mellegmxco164b 

As per my opinion yes it will works ! 

Following i am sharing two workarounds for the same.

1. Yes you use Magento multisite concept if you have separate domain/url for 2 site site then - one site worked on the Magento standard frontend structure and second worked on PWA wherein data will provided by GraphQL/API and we just need to use separate frontend stack (PWA studio) for the implementation and that needs to run on a different URL and different port.
  2. Same like our native mobile application (android/ios)  - PWA also work on the GraphQL/API concepts - meaning its frontend layer is completely separated as it have different technology stack on frontend level and no direct query based data will be fetch. We will require to call the respected GraphQL/API to fetch the data - so if you have single site of Magento which is using standard Magento frontend same site you can use for PWA as well, you just need to run that PWA store on a different URL and different port.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution