cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inline link widget not working?

Inline link widget not working?

Does the inline link widget in Magento 2 work the same way as the previous version? In my Magento 1 installation, I had no problem using the widgets in my template files, static blocks, and static pages. For example, I built a custom navigation menu that linked to certain product categories by linking to each with a widget. In Magento 2, this doesn't generate the corresponding link if used in the sections.phtml template or any other template I've tried. I've only gotten it to work inside a page created in the backend. Any ideas? Here's what I'm using:

<li class="menu-item">{{widget type="Magento\Catalog\Block\Category\Widget\Link" anchor_text="Text" title="Title" template="category/widget/link/link_inline.phtml" id_path="category/31"}}</li>

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Inline link widget not working?

It's a shame this has gone unanswered for so long.  This exact issue is driving me away from using Magento.

@cvaucher@jlosey90

You can try with this syntax in phtml file, Its working syntax for magento 2,

echo $this->getLayout()->createBlock("Magento\Catalog\Block\Category\Widget\Link")->setIdPath("category/31")->setTemplate("category/widget/link/link_inline.phtml")->toHtml();

If issue solved, click Kudos and Accept as Solution.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

hey @cvaucher, it should be work.

Add below code and flush the cache

{{widget type="Magento\Catalog\Block\Category\Widget\Link" template="category/widget/link/link_block.phtml" id_path="category/31"}}

If work then marks as solution.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer