cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.1.0 change footer information

Magento 2.1.0 change footer information

Hello everybody,

I being trying to edit my Magento 2.1.0 installation but seem to run into problems finding the files people tell me to edit.

App/design/frontend/magento is empty.

Apparently these are now in \vendor\magento

But i cannot seem to find the files there anyway, file structure seems to be really different.

Want i want to do is change the actual footer text en remove the links like privacy and cookie policy, search terms, orders and returns and advanced search, subscribe.
Since these are of no use to me for what i am going to use it for.

Anybody here that can point me the right way?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Magento 2.1.0 change footer information

You can check this link, It might help you.

http://magehit.com/blog/how-to-remove-default-magento-2-footer-links/

OpenSource Expert | OpenSource Technologies | www.opensourcetechnologies.com
Magento plugins released: http://www.opensourcetechnologies.com/product/product-category/magento-extensions

Close to the question of removing the footers, how do you access the contact page block to edit?

I followed these instructions:

To customize the Contact Us form: 1. On the Admin sidebar, tap Content. Then under Elements, choose Blocks. 2. Find the Contact Us Info block in the list, and open in Edit mode.

but my Blocks are empty. This is a fresh install of 2.1. Any suggestions anyone?

In file vendor/magento/module-contact/view/frontend/layout/default.xml we see the following ...

<block class="Magento\Framework\View\Element\Html\Link\Current" ifconfig="contact/contact/enabled" name="contact-us-link">
                <arguments>
                    <argument name="label" xsi:type="string" translate="true">Contact Us</argument>
                    <argument name="path" xsi:type="string">contact</argument>
                </arguments>
            </block>

Nop that out.  Head over to vendor/magento/module-cms/view/frontend/layout/default.xml and add find the following block section ...

<referenceBlock name="footer_links">

In that section add this block.

<block class="Magento\Framework\View\Element\Html\Link\Current" name="About-Us">
                <arguments>
                    <argument name="label" xsi:type="string">About-Us</argument>
                    <argument name="path" xsi:type="string">about-us</argument>
                </arguments>
            </block>

Head over to your admin page, content -> pages. Create a page called "about-us" add whatever you want there.  If you want the email contact form stuff add the following to the page somewhere.

{{block class="Magento\Contact\Block\ContactForm" name="contactForm" template="Magento_Contact::form.phtml"}}

I have the same problem in trying to remove some of the default links in the footer. I followed your suggestion by looking at this page: http://magehit.com/blog/how-to-remove-default-magento-2-footer-links/

However, the file path it references /app/code does not exist in my 2.1 installation. The app director has 2 child directories only: etc and design. So I'm stuck. Clearly Magento is picking up the footer links from somewhere else. I'm using the default 2.1 installation with the default theme (none). Any help would be appreciated please. Thanks.

Gary.