cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 doesnt find my new theme

SOLVED

Magento 2 doesnt find my new theme

Hello there,

i followed the instructions in the Developer guide to create your own theme created a folder structure:

C:\xampp\htdocs\magento20\app\design\frontend\Mydesign\Now

- here is the theme.xml with the code like in the tutorial only little changes so its right for my theme and here:

C:\xampp\htdocs\magento20\vendor\mydesign\Now

- is also the theme.xml + the registration.php and some test files just copied from luma

but in the backend my theme doesnt show up... 

i hope you can help me

greetings

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2 doesnt find my new theme

i found my failure, i had just declared one folder too much so that somethings went wrong 

now after a completely new start i am able to see my theme and use it Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi-

I also had a hard time getting Magento to find my theme. Have you tried flushing all the caches by visiting admin -> system -> cache management? Make sure to get the "Static Files Cache" at the bottom of the page too.

Yes i tried it yesterday and today again just to be sure .. nothing changed 

i found my failure, i had just declared one folder too much so that somethings went wrong 

now after a completely new start i am able to see my theme and use it Smiley Happy

i have been trying from last 2 weeks to find a Magento 2 theme... but could not find any.... please send me a link to download theme for Magento 2