cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Block for Footer

SOLVED

Missing Block for Footer

Hello,

I am starting a new Magento 2 Shop as we want to change from Magento 1 to it. I have the problem that I want to change the standard links at the page bottom to something else and include more etc. What I found so far was to modify a block calle something like "footer links" or similar. The thing is though, I only have 3 blocks listed which are (translated from german):

Cancellation instructions, cancellation form and terms and conditions.

So how can I add, edit etc. the footer links?

Would really appreciate help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Missing Block for Footer

After looking at what feels like dozens of threads and tutorials I found out that the footer links are now hard wired into the basic themes of magento. To change them you need to actually change the files on your server and cannot do that in the magento admin area. As I am not very experienced with that I am happy to have found a tutorial that explains what to do in enough detail and that just simply removes the default footer links by adding "remove" into one file, making it possible to create your own footer links. This can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrzSjBNqrho&list=PLtaXuX0nEZk9eL59JGE3ny-_GAU-z5X5D&index=22

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Missing Block for Footer

After looking at what feels like dozens of threads and tutorials I found out that the footer links are now hard wired into the basic themes of magento. To change them you need to actually change the files on your server and cannot do that in the magento admin area. As I am not very experienced with that I am happy to have found a tutorial that explains what to do in enough detail and that just simply removes the default footer links by adding "remove" into one file, making it possible to create your own footer links. This can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrzSjBNqrho&list=PLtaXuX0nEZk9eL59JGE3ny-_GAU-z5X5D&index=22