cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Sales Emails show multiple option SKUs with dash

My Sales Emails show multiple option SKUs with dash

We sell lots of products with multiple options and have an issue with the dash (-) used to separate the SKUs on the sales email. Is there an easy way to either change the dash character to forward slash or even drop the second sku?  

For example: SKU 900-S25 comes with two options.  When the customer chooses one (in this case, they chose SKU# 2500-302), it is putting the option directly behind the main SKU with a DASH in between. (SKU: 950-S25-2500-302) Many of our product SKUs have a dash in them already, so this makes it very confusing for data entry personnel to differentiate where one SKU ends and the next SKU begins.  Is there anyway to edit the email template for “New Orders” for both a guest check out and a customer order checkout?  We thought maybe insert a FORWARD SLASH (this order would look like SKU: 950-S25 / 2500-302) or even just drop the 2ndSKU to a new line below the original SKU?  

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Re: My Sales Emails show multiple option SKUs with dash

Hello @timd4sited793d 

I am assuming that there is one configurable product SKU 900-S25 which has two simple products and one of the two product's SKU is SKU# 2500-302 and when anyone order that option product the SKU looks like this :

SKU: 950-S25-2500-302

But the default Magento shows only simple product SKU, not this way

are you using any theme ? if Yes, check app/design/frontend/VENDOR/THEME/Magento_Sales/view/frontend/templates/email/items.phtml

there can be this"-" written.

For confirming, just change your New order email to default template and verify.

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy

Yes, we are using Weltpixel Pearl. Not seeing this path for this theme. 

@timd4sited793d 

can you please change your theme to Luma and also make order template to use default template and try.

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy