cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No default Content Elements Blocks listed in admin backend (e.g. contact-us-info)

SOLVED

No default Content Elements Blocks listed in admin backend (e.g. contact-us-info)

Hello, I have a relatively fresh install of Magento 2.1 CE and am also new to Magento 2 customization.

Installed using composer and with command line.

Everything seems to be working quite well.   I have copied the Luma theme to a custom theme and applied it just fine, changed a color and logo, added a few categories and product content and that's pretty much it.

I want to modify the default Contact Us page.   I have enabled it and configured the email settings, but I would like to add some additional content (like phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc) to the top of the default Contact Us page.

Some searches have directed me to go to "Content | Blocks" and edit the 'contact-us-info' block.

Unfortunately when I go to "Content | Blocks" I am seeing "We couldn't find any records" - - There are no default blocks listed at all.

The contact us page is shown (link in footer) and works just fine on the live site.

"Content | Widgets" is also empty like "Content | Blocks".

The default pages (404, home, cookies, privacy policy) are listed under "Content | Pages".

I have tried clearing var/cache, var/di, var/generation, and var/view_preprocessed (although store is in development mode)

I have recompiled with magento setup:di:compile and run magento setup:upgrade

I flush the magento cache after every change.

Do I need to install the sample data?  (I wouldn't expect so...)

What is the best way to resolve this?  I am afraid of creating a contact-us-info block and overwriting the default Contact Us block.

Thank you for your time, patience, and helpful response

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No default Content Elements Blocks listed in admin backend (e.g. contact-us-info)

I looked into this folder and found the template file that I can edit to modify the "contact-us-info" block:

vendor/magento/module-contact/view/frontend/templates/form.phtml

First I copied this into my custom theme folder:

<theme_dir>/Magento_Contact/templates/form.phtml

Made a few edits, flushed cache, and it's working.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Re: No default Content Elements Blocks listed in admin backend (e.g. contact-us-info)

Exact same issue. Would love to know how to edit this block and where it exists.

Same exact problem.

"Content | Pages" ALSO shows "We couldn't find any records".......but I show them in my database and site works just fine.

After turning on "Developer Tools" in Chrome it started working...........

possibly it triggered a "hard reload".......?

Anyone find where the default Contact Block and other default footer blocks for 2.1 are located? Because they aren't in the Blocks section

I looked into this folder and found the template file that I can edit to modify the "contact-us-info" block:

vendor/magento/module-contact/view/frontend/templates/form.phtml

First I copied this into my custom theme folder:

<theme_dir>/Magento_Contact/templates/form.phtml

Made a few edits, flushed cache, and it's working.

Is this the default behaviour? Why the blocks tab shows no blocks. The cms-block table is also empty? Is their any way I can add default blocks. ?

http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/139173/cannot-see-any-blocks-in-magento2