cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One click theme installation

SOLVED

One click theme installation

Hi,

I have recently purchased a theme from theme forest which was suppose to be 'one click installation'.

I searched the internet but couldn't find a updated video which can explain how these 1 click installtion happen on magento 2.2.4.

Can someone please explain?

Also, the results I found, wanted me to upload app and pub in root directory which I did. And then run below commands:

php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento cache:flush

But doing this also doesn't make the theme available in magento backend under  Content -> Design -> Configuration.

Please help.

Thanks in advance. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: One click theme installation

You need to check app/code/MGS/Mpanel

Module exist or not if not available you need to insert at above location or ask theme provider for missing module.

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

View solution in original post

Glad to know that you have resolved your issued ..

happy to help and keep helping Smiley Happy
if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

@Rakesh Jesadiya

Its not there too. There are only default themes. 

Contacted server customer care too and they had no idea.

The envacto team (from where I bought the theme) also doesn't support theme installation. 

Hi @himanshu_bhatnagar

So what's your final directory structure right now in app directory ? seems like you missed out something there only !

It should be like app/code then your theme VendorName and its themeName directory and inside that there couple of modules.

Same way for design - in app/design directory your theme VendorName and inside it ThemeName directory and inside that theme files will be there !

check this structure and confirm for the same , share the screenshot so its help us to troubleshoot the issue ~!

Hope it helps

@Manthan Dave @Rakesh Jesadiya

Here is the structure.

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 12.30.31 PM.png

@Rakesh Jesadiya @Manthan Dave

I do not know where the theme was installed or if it was installed properly or not at first place. I can only tell you about the process I followed:

1. upload app folder to server's app folder (the one under public_html).  

The code folder under app folder is from the theme itself.

2. I uploaded pub folder under server's pub folder (also under public_html).  

The pub folder from theme had a media folder and under media we had bg_newsletter, mgs, mpanel, promobanners, wysiwyg. 

After uploading these 2 folders I ran below commands from public_html folder:

Now, I'm not sure why the did not updated in backend.

Should I create a new folder in public_html and restart the process ?

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. 

Hi @himanshu_bhatnagar

Actually with your theme package - you have also got files which needs to put in app/design directory.

Same like you have puted in app/code directory MGS  , you also required files which needs to put under app/design/frontend/MGS

Right now its blank so make sure you upload files in  app/design/frontend/MGS

Then run all the command which you have mention above and then check !

It will works

@Rakesh Jesadiya  @Manthan Dave

I uploaded the design folder too. And repeated the steps and now I could finally see the theme in Content >> Themes.

But after changing the theme configuration (Content >> configuration) my website is not working. 

Link - https://kindercanteen.com/index.php

Earlier I had luma theme perfectly working. 

Thanks

Kindly set root permission to your magento instance using below command,

sudo find var pub/static pub/media -type f -exec chmod g+w {} \; 
sudo find var pub/static pub/media -type d -exec chmod g+ws {} \;
sudo find ./pub/media -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;
sudo find ./pub/static -type d -exec chmod 777 {} \;

Now run below command,

If still not working please chec your var/log/system.log file any error will display or not, Also check in var/report folder with specific error record id file?

If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Hi @himanshu_bhatnagar

Glad to know that you have finally seen your theme at backend !

Right now you are in a production mode so you won't able to see error instead of you will see error log number - 1465665567787

So open your var/log directory , find this file name - 1465665567787

open it and check its log from there - post that file error log over here so its help us to troubleshoot the issue !

Also make sure your pub/static and media and var directory have writable permission 

then run command - 

php bin/magento cache:clean

Then check it will works

@Manthan Dave @Rakesh Jesadiya

I can't find 1465665567787 log file. Below is the screenshot of what is available.

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 5.05.02 PM.png

A part of system log:

[2018-06-25 11:21:02] main.CRITICAL: Class MGS\Mmegamenu\Block\Mmegamenu does not exist [] []
[2018-06-25 11:21:02] main.CRITICAL: Invalid block type: MGS\Mmegamenu\Block\Mmegamenu [] []
[2018-06-25 11:21:02] main.CRITICAL: Class MGS\Mpanel\Helper\Data does not exist [] []
[2018-06-25 11:21:02] main.CRITICAL: Class MGS\Mpanel\Helper\Data does not exist [] []
[2018-06-25 11:28:17] main.CRITICAL: Class MGS\Mmegamenu\Block\Mmegamenu does not exist [] []
[2018-06-25 11:28:17] main.CRITICAL: Invalid block type: MGS\Mmegamenu\Block\Mmegamenu [] []
[2018-06-25 11:28:17] main.CRITICAL: Class MGS\Mpanel\Helper\Data does not exist [] []
[2018-06-25 11:28:17] main.CRITICAL: Class MGS\Mpanel\Helper\Data does not exist [] []

And a part of debug log is:

{"method":"GET","url":"http:/","invalidateInfo":{"tags":["interception","CONFIG"],"mode":"matchingTag"}} []
[2018-06-25 10:16:46] main.DEBUG: cache_invalidate: {"method":"GET","url":"https://kindercanteen.com/CanteenAdministrator/admin/system_design_theme/index/key/7229db18527391a37..."}} []
[2018-06-25 10:18:44] main.DEBUG: cache_invalidate: {"method":"GET","url":"https://kindercanteen.com/CanteenAdministrator/theme/design_config/index/key/467807a29cb3b4755c3421f..."}} []
[2018-06-25 10:19:03] main.DEBUG: cache_invalidate: {"method":"GET","url":"http:/","invalidateInfo":{"tags":["interception","CONFIG"],"mode":"matchingTag"}} []
[2018-06-25 10:19:03] main.DEBUG: cache_invalidate: {"method":"GET","url":"https://kindercanteen.com/CanteenAdministrator/theme/design_config/index/key/467807a29cb3b4755c3421f..."}} []

Also, static and media permission are set to 0755.

Thanks