cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with multi-storeview Magento 2

Problem with multi-storeview Magento 2

HI,

I am building a magento store with multiple store views (8) and I have suddenly encountered a problem that the store on a remote server is a data center is not accepting and displaying simple edits that I have made in the Admin back-end (header background colors, text edits, text colors, etc.). When I asked the data center to investigate, they could not replicate the problem - although they could make the edits that I could not. I have not experienced this problem before, except for an occasional cache hangup. But I have gone through all sorts of hoops for two days to keep that to a minimum. 

Can anyone tell me if 4-5 store views is too much for Magento to handle? What else could the problem be? I went through the first 4 storeviews without a problem, using child themes for each. Now on the 5th, I have been hung up for three days. I have not even populated the catalog yet. The store doesn't appear to be laboring to load. I'm using the same theme for all stores, except for the content. The configurations for each store view appear to be the same. And I have just restores about 50% more space on the server.

Thanks for any hints to keep the project moving.

John

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Problem with multi-storeview Magento 2

Hello @jaydigital

Have you added varnish recently?

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Hi Sunil,

No! What does it do for me?

Thanks,

John

@jaydigital

Varnish doing page caching and maybe that will create an issue, so i have pointed out maybe server enabled varnish on that.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

Thanks, I'll check with my data center.

John

I restored an earlier version to before I had changed modes from Default to Production and back to Developer. I believe the static cache must have been corrupted by the changes.

Now it is working fine in Developer mode.

Thanks for your assistance.

John