cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theme not showing Content > Configuration changes

Theme not showing Content > Configuration changes

Hi

I wonder if someone may be able to help me at all?

I have Magento 2.1.3 setup on shared hosting with the Ultimo theme but for some reason any changes I make in Content > Configuration aren’t being shown on the website, for example setting the demo store banner to show, changing the logo/favicon, removing the 'default welcome message' etc.

I have reinstalled the Magento and Theme files (several times now) but nothing seems to work. Other theme options (i.e. colours) changed in Stores > Configuration seem to be applied fine.

Could this be due to permissions perhaps or is there a file somewhere I need to replace?

The website is https://www.chalkandcheese.biz/

Thanks for your time.

David

1 REPLY 1

Re: Theme not showing Content > Configuration changes

OK solved it. The problem with content > configuration was where I had set it up originally in single store mode and this had created rows in the database with a scope of ‘websites’. When I’d then switched off single store mode it had made rows in the database with a scope of ‘stores’. The front-end was prioritising the ‘stores’ data, however the back-end was saving to the ‘websites’ data as I’d switched back to single store mode.

To fix this I deleted all of the rows in the database relevant to content > configuration which had a scope of ‘websites’ and turned off single store mode, and after saving content > configuration a couple of times all of the rows have appeared in the database with a scope of ‘stores’.

TLDR version is don’t use single store mode, and if you do never, ever change it!

I hope this helps someone, or me in the future when I forget and start mucking around with single store mode again!