cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I move merged css in the head

Where do I move merged css in the head

I have been having trouble getting my css to version correctly. I am using Porto theme on magento 2.3.4. In the past, all my css was handled in a file called custom.css. This is fine but the problem is, unless the user clears their cache, it will not load a fresh version of that css file after an update. I decided to move my css from media/porto/web/css to using the file in app/design/frontend/Smartwave/porto/web/custom.less I have css merge enabled and what this produces is a versioned file of my css which is great. However, the issue I have now is that it is included as the very first css file in the head. Right after title, there is my merged versioned css. This is causing some issues because previously my custom.css file was the last css file included and had all the authority. I dont want to have to go through thousands of lines of css in order to fix some specificity issues. How can I move this merged file to the bottom of the list?

I looked in the file app/design/frontend/Smartwave/porto/Smartwave_porto/templates/html/head.phtml and I found where most of these are getting included, including the old custom.css file and promptly removed that one, as well as removed it from my default_head_blocks.xml but I don't even see where the merged css file is being included.

Where can I find this line and how do I move it to the bottom?