cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't the Magento 2 Luma demo shop / sample data fully responsive? As for the admin backend...

Why isn't the Magento 2 Luma demo shop / sample data fully responsive? As for the admin backend...

Hi guys,

We are testing Magento 2 at the moment and we installed Magento 2 with sample data. 

But what I really don't get: why is the content not full responsive? For example the picture of the yoga woman does not resize on phones or tablets (in portrait). It is about the same with all the other pictures in the demoshop.

I would think that Magento would want to create a nice shop that shows what the potential of this software is.

The same thing for the Admin backend. It isn't resonsive? Why? Nowadays you could expect a responsive admin template? 

Is there a reason for this?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Why isn't the Magento 2 Luma demo shop / sample data fully responsive? As for the admin backend.

Re: Why isn't the Magento 2 Luma demo shop / sample data fully responsive? As for the admin backend.

That issue is for the backend. The question is why are phones supported? And what is the reason for the not responsive frontend?

"The same thing for the Admin backend. It isn't resonsive?"

"That issue is for the backend. The question is why are phones supported? And what is the reason for the not responsive frontend?"

Something wrong in your logic or English semantic.

I meant why aren't phones supported for the Luma demo frontend too?

The Luma frontend theme IS responsive.
There are some problems only with the Home page because of large images, but you can (and should) set up ypur own Home page anyway.

Well the HTML CSS is responsive, but the pictures and layout are NOT. And that's my point. It should be a demo / showcase for Magento 2. Why do it like this?