cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Widget to display on sale products

Widget to display on sale products

Hi,

I'd like to make some end of year Special offers, and I was looking for a way to display all the products with a special price on one page.

is there a way to do this automatically, since the only option I could think of is to create a special offer category and add the products manually to that category, but this will not make sense for the number of items I have?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Widget to display on sale products

@robertbits you can do that by creating a new page and call template there but the problem is that if you sets the special price for product then on all the pages special price of the product is shown.

Is that fine for you or you want to show the special price on single page only?

Thanks

@Rahul Gupta 

@theMageComp 

Hi guys, thanks for your reply... but I still cannot figure it out... I was thinking that there is a way to create a static page and show the special offers and link would be like www.website.com/offers

but if I understand you correctly I have to create a plugin.

Did I understand right?

@robertbits you can create a page like this but if you have to show all the products with special price then you have to enter special price for all the products and you can call a template from cms pag and call the collection of products in that template.

Thanks

@Rahul Gupta 

I am not putting a special prince in products, but I am using Marketing > Promotions > Catalog Price Rule.

So I just want to make a rule like the one I have made to display the items on a page. which will solve the problem. but cannot find how to do this.

In magento manual I have also found this http://prntscr.com/q61gmm but I don't have the option so I believe it's not a function for CE

You're definitely right about this one. I can't even imagine having to add all products to that category manually. It's extremely time-consuming.

Perhaps you can create the category and add products there automatically using the Magento 2 Dynamic Category extensions. 

I would really recommend you using it for this task since it allows you to generate products automatically according to certain conditions based on product attributes. 

There is also an option to add cart price rule products to the category which would be even simpler in your case, wouldn't it?

@johnpetersdca2 Thanks for your suggestion. I will give it a try. I think it will do the job.