cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API: Struggeling with customer token

API: Struggeling with customer token

Hello

I'm new to magento APIs and I'm struggeling while retrieving an authorization token for a customer account. Having a magento installation - version 2.3.3 - setup which works fine otherwise, the authentication of a customer account against the integration API fails.

API used: %HOST%/rest/V1/integration/customer/token

I managed to find information about using a different URL incl. the store (view) ID which would be %HOST%/rest/<store_id>/V1/integration/customer/token but this does not work either but make things even worth as the returning response is "message": "Specified request cannot be processed."

I tried different user accounts registered in magento where each of them looks fine and can be used to login into the frontend without any problem.

The respone I'm getting from the API with valid credentials is always: The account sign-in was incorrect or your account is disabled temporarily. Please wait and try again later.

Non of the accounts I tried is locked and the failed login counter in the oauth_token_request_log table also did not exceed the the maximum amount.

Here's the the stack trace I get:

#0 [internal function]: Magento\\Integration\\Model\\CustomerTokenService->createCustomerAccessToken('some_user...', 'some_pwd...')
#1 /HIDDEN/vendor/magento/module-webapi/Controller/Rest/SynchronousRequestProcessor.php(95): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 /HIDDEN/vendor/magento/module-webapi/Controller/Rest.php(188): Magento\\Webapi\\Controller\\Rest\\SynchronousRequestProcessor->process(Object(Magento\\Framework\\Webapi\\Rest\\Request\\Proxy))
#3 /HIDDEN/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(58): Magento\\Webapi\\Controller\\Rest->dispatch(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http))
#4 /HIDDEN/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(138): Magento\\Webapi\\Controller\\Rest\\Interceptor->___callParent('dispatch', Array)
#5 /HIDDEN/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(153): Magento\\Webapi\\Controller\\Rest\\Interceptor->Magento\\Framework\\Interception\\{closure}(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http))
#6 /HIDDEN/generated/code/Magento/Webapi/Controller/Rest/Interceptor.php(26): Magento\\Webapi\\Controller\\Rest\\Interceptor->___callPlugins('dispatch', Array, Array)
#7 /HIDDEN/vendor/magento/framework/App/Http.php(137): Magento\\Webapi\\Controller\\Rest\\Interceptor->dispatch(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Request\\Http))
#8 /HIDDEN/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(58): Magento\\Framework\\App\\Http->launch()
#9 /HIDDEN/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(138): Magento\\Framework\\App\\Http\\Interceptor->___callParent('launch', Array)
#10 /HIDDEN/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(153): Magento\\Framework\\App\\Http\\Interceptor->Magento\\Framework\\Interception\\{closure}()
#11 /HIDDEN/generated/code/Magento/Framework/App/Http/Interceptor.php(26): Magento\\Framework\\App\\Http\\Interceptor->___callPlugins('launch', Array, Array)
#12 /HIDDEN/vendor/magento/framework/App/Bootstrap.php(261): Magento\\Framework\\App\\Http\\Interceptor->launch()
#13 /HIDDEN/pub/index.php(40): Magento\\Framework\\App\\Bootstrap->run(Object(Magento\\Framework\\App\\Http\\Interceptor))
#14 {main}"

Unfortunately I've got no further idea what could cause the prolem and therefore I'm creating this thread.

Can someone tell me what else to check, please?

Thanks and greetings,

Dirk